Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Hmmm, great idea that. Need to look into that for sure

Your SANParks Activity Card (for cycling Tokai, Silvermine and Table Mountain) is also valid for Cape Point. Not many people realize that.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Your SANParks Activity Card (for cycling Tokai, Silvermine and Table Mountain) is also valid for Cape Point. Not many people realize that.

YES! I do NOW!!!

Hows the traffic in the reserve?

I havent really bothered with early morning road rides due to all the recent incidents.

YES! I do NOW!!!

I think that's why so few roadies venture down to the point. It is a bit bumpy, but no worse than Kommetjie Road or Slangkop and there is very little traffic, and mostly slow traffic only. 

Gonna plan me a ride very soon that way. Maybe from fish hoek around ocean view into the point and back.

The Simons Town route feels safer. There's only one tough(ish) hill and that's the last little bit from Smits to the gate. Watch the wind. a breeze in Fish Hoek can be gale force at the point.

It's 12km from the gate to the point.

The Simons Town route feels safer. There's only one tough(ish) hill and that's the last little bit from Smits to the gate. Watch the wind. a breeze in Fish Hoek can be gale force at the point.

It's 12km from the gate to the point.

Agreed, it does. Major trunk road (that the taxis use as a freeway) vs the coastal route which people are used to cyclists using all the time. 

And here's Bos on his 90mm XC machine without a dropper, dropping in on The Plumber, Black route in Jonkers, proving that you don't need big travel, only big kahunas to go big.

To be fair though - I don't know many guys that can ride with that kind of confidence with the skill and ability to back it up like Bos can.

attachicon.gifvlcsnap-2017-01-30-07h36m14s232-01.jpeg

To be fair, its a 29er... lol

@Myles Mayhew Remember the jumptrack in Knysna? Think 90s..

Rooikat Run (Oom Hansie ST) - Jonkershoek. Following Bos down the run.

(don't know what's going on with the quality - supposed to be HD - perfect before uploading, and crap thereafter).

who needs europe ^_^

Rooikat Run (Oom Hansie ST) - Jonkershoek. Following Bos down the run.

(don't know what's going on with the quality - supposed to be HD - perfect before uploading, and crap thereafter).

Thing is, my Trance simply refuses to do things like that. Where do I check on a Trance to see the size of its' balls, I think they may be a bit too small? Where can I buy bigger ones? ;)  :blush: