Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

EDIT - some climbing stats:

- Contermanskloof short loop - 5km : 98m climb

- Meerendal short loop (excluding Dorstberg) - 8km : 126m climb

- Meerendal full loop - 15,4km : 350m climbing

- Contermanskloof Full Loop w/ Tree Charge: 13.75km & 258 elev difference

Contermans Mine Murder is 'n vark van 'n klim with an average grade of 13%.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Short clip of our ride at Contermanskloof

PS - would appreciate some guidance on settings for videos for upload to YouTube and other sites.  The original is decent quality .... disapointed in the uploaded quality ...

Awesome, love the sound effects :P

Does your full loop include the climb to the mast?

Had a KOM up there until the eBikes came along... *weeps*

Nope, if you add that you have some pretty decent climbing and downhills to enjoy.

Had a KOM up there until the eBikes came along... *weeps*

:thumbdown: 

............(my legs felt it thanks to the squats I did on thursday)..............

Myles, I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but as a friend I must:

Doing squats is taking this training thing a bit too far, it may even get you banned from Enduro where the whole idea is to pretend never to train! At the very least you should always do it in secret and never admit to it.  ;) 

Myles, I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but as a friend I must:

Doing squats is taking this training thing a bit too far, it may even get you banned from Enduro where the whole idea is to pretend never to train! At the very least you should always do it in secret and never admit to it.  ;) 

He was just showing off by declaring his doing skwat training, I reckon... :devil:

Edited by 'Dale

He was just showing off by declaring his doing skwat training, I reckon... :devil:

doing a basic 5x5 routine. 

one day on, one day off. Squats / OH Press / Deads the one day, Squats / Bench / Barbell Row the next.

5x5 is basically 2 warmup sets, followed by 5 sets of 5 reps, increasing by 2.5kg each session. Except deads, which is one set of 5 after your warmup sets. 

Then the cycling and (soon to be) running / walking / hiking on top of that. 

Maritz has the hart of a champion !!  :thumbup:  

Those little legs struggle up the steep hills.  Sometimes he lets me pull up next to him and help him along with my hand on his back ....

and then he drops his shoulders and OFF he goes ....  :clap: 

getting more difficult to catch up to him ...  :whistling:

En hy sal jou gou vertel : "Ons is RYERS, nie stappers of drawers nie."

When I see he is taking strain, we stop for a Jelly Baby and some water.  He is not allowed to cycle with food in his mouth - so it gives him time to catch his breath .... en dan moet ek my skouers sak om by te bly.  :clap:

Best part was when he slipped off the hump and came off the bike ....  Immediately he wanted to go back to the TOP and do the downhill section again, and the bit where he had just come short !!  I am thinking of his mom wringing my neck !!  And he wants to go again .... which we did.

The cycling is "nice", but seeing Maritz improving with each outing is absolutely priceless !!

Hoogies for a quick time-constrained burn (my legs felt it thanks to the squats I did on thursday)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfkac7KjlSe/

Then Tokai for a bit of an amble. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfoE0EujjFS/

one day on, one day off. Squats / OH Press / Deads the one day, Squats / Bench / Barbell Row the next.

5x5 is basically 2 warmup sets, followed by 5 sets of 5 reps, increasing by 2.5kg each session. Except deads, which is one set of 5 after your warmup sets. 

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakn’ huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakn’ huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Talkin about my beard?

Ow!

My glutes ????