Cycling world Championships - GLASGOW 2023 - Road racing

Vetplant

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

I don't think he's ever done a worlds. Because he'd have won at least one by now if he could be bothered. Would be SICK. 

apparently he makes way too many mistakes, his videos are edited!

On 8/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, buckstopper said:

What is it about Remco that seems to be unpopular. His racing style? He's not a wheelsucker like Vinnygo...

For me he comes across as being a bit cock sure, a trait I'm never a fan of. Funny how everyone likes Pogi and very few Vinny. 

I reckon Remco is a favorite, but would love to see Primoz or Mohoric do it. I doubt Pogi would have the form but would be cool if he could. The Slovenians just seem like nice guys that enjoy their bike racing

it’s something else, like the shorts.image.png.2ad00b29a1824984c7208885ee696123.png

On 8/2/2023 at 12:30 PM, Vetplant said:

Interesting, the GCN article makes no mention of his injury,

I read this morning that he has no injuries from the crash.....

The Visa thing does seem ridiculous though. It looks like some african teams in the past have been denied and given up even applying or going to events in the UK.

Such a sham

Lantern Rouge podcast comment section had some interesting insight into the route. 

Mainly that the claimed 6% grades on the lap around the city are closer to 10 and 15% grade for 15-30 seconds. 

Repeat over all of those laps and me thinks this is going to be an open playing field for all

13 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

think MvdP wants to go for this one...

If he has the good legs, as King Kelly'd say, he'd be a tough one to beat. On this course and on his day, is there anyone to touch him? a Pog/RE break maybe? But this kind of short sharp burst racing is something VDP has trained for most of if life. WvA will need a blinder

9 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

If he has the good legs, as King Kelly'd say, he'd be a tough one to beat. On this course and on his day, is there anyone to touch him? a Pog/RE break maybe? But this kind of short sharp burst racing is something VDP has trained for most of if life. WvA will need a blinder

Agree 1000%.

-Head says MvdP
-Heart says Wout
-Reality: Probably going to be Remco sneaking away with 30k- to-go and holding off a chasing pack that fails to work together. 

22 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Agree 1000%.

-Head says MvdP
-Heart says Wout
-Reality: Probably going to be Remco sneaking away with 30k- to-go and holding off a chasing pack that fails to work together. 

I hope you wrong and Wout klap them all .... 🤪😁

Edit:  The winner is probably going to Dutch or Belgium, hard to see anyone else taking it.

Edited by TheoG

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Agree 1000%.

-Head says MvdP
-Heart says Wout

Yeah, if Remco sneaks off, no way is the Dutch team catching him and Wout won't be able to sag lip like last time Remco did his own thing... A current WC is allowed to do that!

Still, Denmark and Netherlands have enough skin in the game to work together, but will they?