GLASGOW WORLD CHAMPS - dirt stuff!

Shebeen

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

What's the status of the XCM? How are Team SA doing?

Guess we'll just to wait for results šŸ¤·

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, babse said:

Guess we'll just to wait for results šŸ¤·

either we've missed it, or its coming later...

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

Avancini wins.

Matt Beers - 20th, 8m23s back

Alan H - 22nd, 9m45s back

Keen to hear more details if anyone has. Beers at 20th is obviously a disappoint for him unless hit with technicals!?

Respect to Lill. Excellent result šŸ‘

On 8/6/2023 at 3:44 PM, splat said:

Candice finished 2nd!Ā 

i missed this. HOW DID WE MISS THIS*?!

Ā 

https://www.netwerk24.com/netwerk24/sport/nog-sport/sa-bergfietsryer-candice-ry-silwer-in-skotland-los-20230807

Ā 

Die Suid-Afrikaner Candice Lill (regs) en Mona Mitterwallner, wat die bergfiets-marathon op die WĆŖreldkampioenskap gewen het, wens mekaar Sondag geluk. Foto: AFP

Ā 

podium shot

May be an image of 3 people, bicycle and text that says "El LiDL SCOTLAND T+ SSOT WATCHES INCE ERS PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW BigMat EOF BUILDERS SHI SOUTH LiDL D MAnO OTLAND T+ TISSOT SWIS WATCHES SINCE 1853 santini #POWE Peter Vardy uci_cycling SCOTLAND Peter Vardy #Gla and2023 T+ SS WATCHES uci.org VISITSCOTLAND.COM SHIN CI KE C MAPEI igM BEUTSCHLAND OTLAND"

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*(because it was on same time as the road, and it wasn't on the picture box - guess there's no highlights nothing from the YOU SEE AIKHONA)

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

i missed this. HOW DID WE MISS THIS*?!

Ā 

https://www.netwerk24.com/netwerk24/sport/nog-sport/sa-bergfietsryer-candice-ry-silwer-in-skotland-los-20230807

Ā 

Die Suid-Afrikaner Candice Lill (regs) en Mona Mitterwallner, wat die bergfiets-marathon op die WĆŖreldkampioenskap gewen het, wens mekaar Sondag geluk. Foto: AFP

Ā 

podium shot

May be an image of 3 people, bicycle and text that says "El LiDL SCOTLAND T+ SSOT WATCHES INCE ERS PEOPLE MAKE GLASGOW BigMat EOF BUILDERS SHI SOUTH LiDL D MAnO OTLAND T+ TISSOT SWIS WATCHES SINCE 1853 santini #POWE Peter Vardy uci_cycling SCOTLAND Peter Vardy #Gla and2023 T+ SS WATCHES uci.org VISITSCOTLAND.COM SHIN CI KE C MAPEI igM BEUTSCHLAND OTLAND"

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*(because it was on same time as the road, and it wasn't on the picture box - guess there's no highlights nothing from the YOU SEE AIKHONA)

I don't know but I was following the live timing and it looked like she could have won it. Pity they has zero coverage of the marathon. The only blight on what has been an excellent world champs thus far

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I don't know but I was following the live timing and it looked like she could have won it. Pity they has zero coverage of the marathon. The only blight on what has been an excellent world champs thus far

I saw an Insta story with Candice after the race, where she said she had no idea that Mona was that close, I think if she did she might have completely buried herself to catch her.Ā 

6 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

I saw an Insta story with Candice after the race, where she said she had no idea that Mona was that close, I think if she did she might have completely buried herself to catch her.Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

image.png.7a69e3ce1b861cfb02a304a5455cef4c.png

Ā 

She fell back but then was closing in the final, but you don't know if Mittewilllner was slacking off too. Pity she didn't get info/encouragement from (team/spectators) on the gap at least?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Ā 

image.png.7a69e3ce1b861cfb02a304a5455cef4c.png

Ā 

She fell back but then was closing in the final, but you don't know if Mittewilllner was slacking off too. Pity she didn't get info/encouragement from (team/spectators) on the gap at least?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sjoe, would have been great to get a World Champs jersey on local shores. Well done Candice!

Full DH replays available on Tiz. The commentary pairing of Rick and Neil was pretty good. Neil is so much better than Cedric.Ā 

I think there will be a highlights vid for the marathon but I agree - pretty poor there was no live show at all. The so-called highlights they have put up for the DH are pathetic.