Adriaan Theron

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

That’s a massive difference!

Those numbers dont seem correct. I did the route last year and there were no climbs, just small rollers. Compared to other races, RVR was by far the flattest in profile.

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Those numbers dont seem correct. I did the route last year and there were no climbs, just small rollers. Compared to other races, RVR was by far the flattest in profile.

Thanks, are you referring to the 50 or 100 miler, why does the organiser update their website though!

3 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

That’s a massive difference!

My garmin recorded just under 1,400m climbing. For 160km thats not a lot. No big climbs but one or 2 nasty drags and at the end the rollers do add up.

49 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Thanks, are you referring to the 50 or 100 miler, why does the organiser update their website though!

Both were low in elevation gain. The 50 miler was around 700m gain and the 100 miler i think around 1200. Both are very low in comparison to other gravel events.

The website is down at the moment so i assume they busy updating. 

Lots of organisers dont post the route file till a few days before the event as a lot of the roads go through private farms and they obviously don’t want people riding them until the event.

I really enjoyed this last year, albeit only did the 50miler.

Its great having a gravel race this close to CPT.

Will enter, but admittedly at the last minute, been burned by the weather and resultant poor conditions too often .

Alot of talk about beer, but what about waffles? You can’t use the Belguim flag without waffles… 🤓.

10 hours ago, KingZA said:

This is from last year so be aware that they might have changed things up a bit this year.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/161577900

1075m climbing according to the route

1491m climbing recorded on the Garmin last year

i presume this is the 100miler. last year 50 miler was 655m according to my wahoo, and i think the route details said 660

• 4 weeks later...

who is doing this? I have been watching weather and looks like rain the Friday

6 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

who is doing this? I have been watching weather and looks like rain the Friday

I’ll be there, doing the 100miler 😀

8 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

I have not entered yet - not to sure about how I feel about about a muddy affair to be honest.

Looks like rain on Thursday and Friday as you said, Saturday looks like no rain but cold. I’ve never done the event before but if its gravel roads I don’t think it should be a problem if its a wet surface. Naturally it won’t roll as easy but that’s ok, nothing will be as bad as 36One from last year. Dealing with that peanut-butter 💩 for that many kms was pure evil. 

Edited by gemmerbal