The Munga 2023

JohanDiv

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenny is looking super strong! Well ahead of the record ladies dot, and 200km lead on the 2nd lady.

Probably going to hit the tar road between Ceres and Bains in the early morning before sunrise if she doesn't stop too long in Ceres.. I wouldn't want to be on that piece of road with a bicycle just after pay day.. apart from being a target, broken glass everywhere. 

4 hours ago, jdwet1980 said:

Stuff the Pyrenees and Alpe D'Huez. Word's out Jumbo Visma is switching their high altitude training for the Namib desert this summer. 

Holland triathlon team go to Windhoek for many years for their annual training camp, also Victor Campenaerts.

17 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Looks like @gemmerbal scratched. Any conformation of this ?

I can confirm it is so. Hardest 3 days ever, extreme heat, headwinds, sand. Got the better of me, pulled the plug yesterday when my head started hurting, eyes were sore and no matter how much i drank i stayed thirsty. 

To say im gutted is an understatement. 

12 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

I can confirm it is so. Hardest 3 days ever, extreme heat, headwinds, sand. Got the better of me, pulled the plug yesterday when my head started hurting, eyes were sore and no matter how much i drank i stayed thirsty. 

Nogsteeds 'n wenner and no shame in knowing when to pull the plug.

44 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

Still a great achievement just to be on the start line. More than I will ever achieve. It was a pleasure to follow your dot. 
Donation to your charity was done way before the start of the event.

Well done !

If the stars align, I will be following that dot again next year.😀

43 minutes ago, Annatjie said:

Can confirm the extreme heat and terrible winds. Was really very hard. Also scratched yesterday. Went otb 20km after Britstown, broke my collarbone. I'm devastated  💔 

1 hour ago, gemmerbal said:

RESPEK !!

Julle twee is n absolute inspirasie !!

@Annatjie hoop jy herstel gou en volkome :thumbup: