..don’t bother us, we closed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MORNE said:

Who is Baroness? And how does Baroness provide you with the will to ride more if I may ask?

IMG_0504.gif

I would tell you, but she said telling you anything is Forbidden. I'm not sure why though. I suspect it's an inside joke only certain folks know about.

53 minutes ago, betaboy said:

.. so this is what you guys do between 1 and 2pm. Noted* 🤭

Na 3pm antwoord Oom Richard ....

Couple of industry firms only take messages during lunch hour.  Actually works fine in industry .... until your meetings and their lunch break dove tail ....

SALES ..... some clients work in industries where they cant make private calls outside of lunch time.....  Guess they have to visit their LBS, or heaven forbid .... use email ....

6 hours ago, betaboy said:

.. it’s just, ….I heard Cyril say.. SA is open for business! LOL. I assume WC didn’t get the memo? LOL. It’s all good.😃

…its just Cape Town WAS NEVER CLOSED for business! We were ALWAYS open, AND enjoying life…

(..and yes, i have worked in fast-paced Jozi for a GOOD few years: more chance of a CAPE phone getting answered on a Friday afternoon than the Jozi crowd…!)

6 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

You should remember your Bar-One for your 27 hour day. 

and you thought it was somme just a tjoklit bar?

this crap actually happened!

Slight thread jack here, CCS seems to be the importer for Camelbak, and my packs bladder has got a small hole in it, how can I contact them to try make a warranty claim? On their website there doesnt seem to be a way for private individuals to contact them?

6 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Slight thread jack here, CCS seems to be the importer for Camelbak, and my packs bladder has got a small hole in it, how can I contact them to try make a warranty claim? On their website there doesnt seem to be a way for private individuals to contact them?

With the distributors I think the general idea is you are not really supposed to. 

Idea is to take it back to where you bought it. The store should then sort it out with CCS. That way CCS knows they actually supplied the product in the first place.

Imagine having to handle a warranty claim for a product that you never distributed in the first place (and so we got the geo locked distributor monopoly which is a whole other topic for another day😅).

All of this is just conjecture on my part. 

Happy to to be corrected if I am wrong😁

2 minutes ago, WT said:

With the distributors I think the general idea is you are not really supposed to. 

Idea is to take it back to where you bought it. The store should then sort it out with CCS. That way CCS knows they actually supplied the product in the first place.

Imagine having to handle a warranty claim for a product that you never distributed in the first place (and so we got the geo locked distributor monopoly which is a whole other topic for another day😅).

That has always been my understanding as well ... I am not aware of any distributors (cycling anyway) that deal direct with the public.

Normally your LBS will have their CCS rep that they contact and it happens from there?

I only know that the local CCS rep in my area does a damn fine job!

2 hours ago, WT said:

I will try that as well, although, I did actually open my eyes and looked properly on their website last night, and found both an email and a phone number 🤣 so sent an email, I bought the pack from Takealot, so I thought going straight to CCS will be easier, will have to try both avenues...

15 hours ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Baroness is a very cool band from Savannah Georgia whose essential playlist I often listen to while riding.!😃🤘🏻🤣

Saw them at Download festival in France once. Super cool music!

16 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Can I PLEASE set the record straight?

I live in Cape Town, and I am yet to encounter this anomaly called lunch. I work 27 hours a day, 12 days a week. The reason I am as fat as I am, apart from my wife faithfully smokkeling foodstuffs I shouldn't eat into the house, is because I am unable to ride my bike between 1 and 2 in the arvies. 

That, and I live too far from the trails, and riding tar is for people who haven't tasted the thrill of pointing a mountain bike downhill in anger.

what were we talking about again? 

I was going to say cheese before I saw all the wine comments. Seems like it could be cheese and wine that we are talking about. 

6 minutes ago, Pieter1 said:

Saw them at Download festival in France once. Super cool music!

Downloads in donnington England.. do you mean hellfest in France.? I went to download and hellfest in 2011 and then hellfest again in 2013.. Europe festivals are something special man..😍