Ford South Africa Signs as Title Sponsor Of The Trailseeker Series

News bot

The Trailseeker Series is thrilled to announce its pivotal partnership with Ford South Africa as the title sponsor of the esteemed mountain bike series, solidifying its commitment to empowering the cycling community and furthering its support for outdoor enthusiasts across the country. The Trailseeker Series, now proudly known as the Ford Trailseeker Series, stands as the largest and most prestigious mountain biking series on the African continent. This momentous collaboration signals Ford South Africa’s dedication to fostering a culture ofadventure, wellness, and camaraderie among mountain bikers of all levels. “At Ford, we believe in not only providing exceptional vehicles but […]

View full article

12 hours ago, News bot said:

solidifying its commitment to empowering the cycling community and furthering its support for outdoor enthusiasts across the country.

Awesome to see big sponsors coming to the sport, but in my hazy memory this seems like a long overdue one for an obvious brand in the market.

Mazda drifter sponsored loads back in the day

Subaru sani2C

nissan (trailseeker?) + xterra

toyota been behind cyclelab and supercycling/cadence show

land rover cape epic

I'm sure there are more, and maybe i am wrong, but if not, welcome to Ford and the iconic ranger to mtb 

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

Awesome to see big sponsors coming to the sport, but in my hazy memory this seems like a long overdue one for an obvious brand in the market.

Subaru sani2C

land rover cape epic

I'm sure there are more, and maybe i am wrong, but if not, welcome to Ford and the iconic ranger to mtb 

The Mazda RCI event series..that brings back some memories!! 

11 hours ago, BikeisLife said:

Nice to see some sponsorships like this in current economic climate!

+1

Ford's on a pretty solid streak in South Africa now, lining up nicely with their goal to boost their market profile. They had a belter in 2023 with their Ranger model – sales were up by a whopping 41% from 2022. In the bigger picture, their total sales increase was a modest 0.5% over the previous year, but that's not too shabby. Considering the overall car market took a dip of 3.1% at one point in the year, Ford's keeping its head above water pretty well.

It's great to see big players like Ford getting involved in cycling events. It's a win-win – helping to grow the sport and also providing vital support to the people organising these fantastic events.

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Subaru sani2C

land rover cape epic

The Cape Epic now has Toyota as its headline sponsor until 2025, which was a bit of a surprise at first, given how Land Rover had become pretty much part and parcel of the Cape Epic. Wonder why there was a change in sponsors.

3 hours ago, Dappere said:

The Cape Epic now has Toyota as its headline sponsor until 2025, which was a bit of a surprise at first, given how Land Rover had become pretty much part and parcel of the Cape Epic. Wonder why there was a change in sponsors.

don't want to make this topic about Toyota (unless the Ford suits maybe reading this will see how many ranger/everest drivers there are here in the community) but I guess it wasn't worth the money anymore for LR. They had an identity at the Epic, but the parking lot would have a lot more hiluxs and fortuners than defenders and discoverys.

even picknpay has stepped away from the Argus it seems, that's a 30yr plus association

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

don't want to make this topic about Toyota (unless the Ford suits maybe reading this will see how many ranger/everest drivers there are here in the community) but I guess it wasn't worth the money anymore for LR. They had an identity at the Epic, but the parking lot would have a lot more hiluxs and fortuners than defenders and discoverys.

even picknpay has stepped away from the Argus it seems, that's a 30yr plus association

Well, "Argus" has shown the value of having established a brand presence.

Many years later they keep getting exposure out of it.

31 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Absolutely, it's going to be a change not hearing "Land Rover Technical Section" anymore. Land Rover had such a strong presence over the years, especially with the unique initiatives like Oliver Munnik riding the "Land Rover Technical Section" with the Pro teams in those video series. It'll be interesting to see how Toyota brings its flavour to the event.

the motor industry has been having a tough time since Covid, and budgets are being cut everywhere.

But if you want your brand to gain traction, sponsorships like this are the way to go. Suzuki has gotten it right over the last few years, sponsoring everything everywhere, and their sales show it.

Well done Ford.

With people riding around on bicycles that cost the same as cars….why wouldn't they follow the money? Marketing bakkies and the likes at mtb events - in south africa - is a marketing strategy a 3y old could come up with imo. Like parking a c-class merc at a golf day. ‘Look here dentists, it can take 4 bags and your caddy in the boot!’😅

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

With people riding around on bicycles that cost the same as cars….why wouldn't they follow the money? Marketing bakkies and the likes at mtb events - in south africa - is a marketing strategy a 3y old could come up with imo. Like parking a c-class merc at a golf day. ‘Look here dentists, it can take 4 bags and your caddy in the boot!’😅

It appears the secret to marketing brilliance was hiding in the nursery all along. Who would have thought?

What's next indeed? Perhaps selling yachts at a marina? The very thought is almost too revolutionary to contemplate!

8 hours ago, MORNE said:

Not everything needs to be a Loeries award-winning concept, in fact those often only feed agency ego types. Consistency wins the game, even 3 year olds grasp that. 
In a challenging economy it's commendable that there are people out there doing something. More power to them.

8 hours ago, MORNE said:

parking a c-class merc at a golf day.

having wasted many hours on golf courses doing just that, I can assure you that this only ticks the box that says "i tried something different that was not a mall display"

Golf days are piss ups and ego stroking days, you dont sell cars doing this.

32 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

having wasted many hours on golf courses doing just that, I can assure you that this only ticks the box that says "i tried something different that was not a mall display"

Golf days are piss ups and ego stroking days, you dont sell cars doing this.

First time I saw my vehicle was at a mall display in Worcester. 😛

It was probably 6 months later when we were ready to buy.  I actually called the dealership in Worcester, but they did not have stock.