Steel gravel frame

53 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

You guys are missing the most obvious... David Mercer from Mercer bikes here in CT. He'll build you an absolutely drop dead gorgeous steel frame gravel bike 🤙

https://mercerbikes.co.za/custom-bicycles/

Not missed.
Mentioned above.

But Ill take the opportunity to flex a bit
Here's the frame he made for me :
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbQATetq-Zm

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Here's another spanner, Curve Kevin. Columbus tubing and an absolute joy to ride. Kev Benky represents them here. 
Alternatively you could go for local bespoke build with Mercer and your customer would have a bike for life. 

53 minutes ago, MORNE said:

He hasn't brought new stock over in ages, so there isn't much available (depending on your size). It's a pity, as they are great bikes.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:49 AM, letsride said:

Look at the Fairlight Secan

I second this. I have a Fairlight Strael 3 road bike and it is friggin awesome, and sparkly purple.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2024 at 2:23 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Here's another spanner, Curve Kevin. Columbus tubing and an absolute joy to ride. Kev Benky represents them here. 
Alternatively you could go for local bespoke build with Mercer and your customer would have a bike for life. 

+ 1 million for Curve Kevin of Steel. 

Magnificent bike, amazing ride quality, superb versatility. 

I miss mine at least once a week. 

D48B4952-A026-4390-9145-542A84525402.jpeg

I have a 56cm Farr gravel frame laying around iff anybody wants a project frame. its unpainted so needs work but other than that its perfect. 

If there is no budget, and you can splash, checkout UK London builder called Howler! Frames are around 2000quid, but these are super bespoke builds that use good tubing. With todays technology on steel and high grade frame building, there is no bad steel, most use a basic 4130 cro moly steel (Reynolds 520) as an example. Steel can be recycled, carbon is a landfill killer and the process to actually make carbon is way off any environmental scale. 

3 hours ago, no calves said:

I have a 56cm Farr gravel frame laying around iff anybody wants a project frame. its unpainted so needs work but other than that its perfect. 

Yoh.... If you're able, let me know how much you want for it..... I shouldn't  but......

16 hours ago, betaboy said:

If there is no budget, and you can splash, checkout UK London builder called Howler! Frames are around 2000quid, but these are super bespoke builds that use good tubing. With todays technology on steel and high grade frame building, there is no bad steel, most use a basic 4130 cro moly steel (Reynolds 520) as an example. Steel can be recycled, carbon is a landfill killer and the process to actually make carbon is way off any environmental scale. 

If you are actually selecting a bike on its carbon footprint, I really hope you have picked all the other low hanging fruit in your life first. A kilogram of carbon fibre is not going to shift the needle on the planet dying or living, but have fun recycling your steel frame when you do it.

If you're going bespoke money no object UK frame build, support a Saffa (assuming you can wait long enough)

https://www.saffronframeworks.com/ordering/