Woolies' take on gels

This does not look biodegradable and Woolies love packaging that is mostly not biodegradable, no matter what they say.

ALL cycling on bike drinks should be biodegradable so as to avoid the mess cyclist make during a race.  Runners too.

2 minutes ago, Sepia said:

Woolies love packaging that is mostly not biodegradable, no matter what they say.

Like the paper straws they give you for drinks that are in a plastic container.

6 minutes ago, Bikalot said:

Be mindful of fibre content if using these for racing/high intensity efforts

I just had some nightmarish visions of a Enduro races at Jonkershoek and Paarl last year where I had some bad vibes from what I ate on the day. I've never felt so bad on a bike.

40 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I just had some nightmarish visions of a Enduro races at Jonkershoek and Paarl last year where I had some bad vibes from what I ate on the day. I've never felt so bad on a bike.

Important consideration when using a gel type product/something with very high carb content is that often your gut needs to be trained in order to be able to handle the high amount of carbs because if you're not 'used to it', it can also cause GI distress. One blog talking to this on the Cadence site if of interest: https://www.cadencenutrition.com/blogs/news/training-your-gut-what-should-i-eat-on-race-day