Woolies' take on gels

that's like a squish.

baby food.

half the price, made by rhodes fruit group.

work well for adventure racing, but not sure if it's a thing for cyclists - i'd rather have an actual banana.  There are some weird flavours you need to be careful of as an adult (like butternut and mango).

The range is split into 3, with each offering different nutritional benefits, check the different names, I.e. Crush, Dash and Goo. They support general health, sustained energy and more immediate energy. Not produced my Rhodes though. 

Its produced by TheBabyFood Co.  That said...its not baby food (i know....i was the one that did the process validation on it before it can be released to market).

squish and co are easy to get down, but most of them are actually really low in energy or carbs, so read the label and make sure before you need to rely on them.

I’ve tried the Purity baby food, a banana, apple and yoghurt. It’s cheaper than the 20-25g gels, with about the same energy. Not worth the effort to try keep enough for the longer rides.

image.png.e88f867a48d6e1f0479b2bd737ebdb92.png

5 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I’ve tried the Purity baby food, a banana, apple and yoghurt. It’s cheaper than the 20-25g gels, with about the same energy. Not worth the effort to try keep enough for the longer rides.

image.png.e88f867a48d6e1f0479b2bd737ebdb92.png

yes, low energy, more suitable as a food source

In my opinion they are disgusting and certainly not a replacement for gels. In fact they taste so bad / texture that I put off eating them. 

The proof is in the pudding, I suppose. Have to buy and consume 1 or 2 to draw my own conclusion.

I was just a bit taken aback when I spotted them.

4 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

image.jpeg.d0c2e03c432e7918dd5938abe3271773.jpegimage.jpeg.f6de4162669d70713522adf28b780d9b.jpeg

4 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

The range is split into 3, with each offering different nutritional benefits, check the different names, I.e. Crush, Dash and Goo. They support general health, sustained energy and more immediate energy. Not produced my Rhodes though. 

They actually called an energy product Goo? typical ambush tactic!

1 hour ago, LRW said:

Its produced by TheBabyFood Co.  That said...its not baby food (i know....i was the one that did the process validation on it before it can be released to market).

so basically the Woollies name on the logo costs R10.

https://babyfood.co.za/product-category/sports-food/sports-products-120g/

I use them. I use the Fruity Prune, and a few others. Carbs are less 16g per serving, so very small amount of carbs. But, they taste great and do provide some nutritional value. I'll continue using them. But, you probably better off with Gels if you're a serious racer. 

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

that's like a squish.

baby food.

half the price, made by rhodes fruit group.

work well for adventure racing, but not sure if it's a thing for cyclists - i'd rather have an actual banana.  There are some weird flavours you need to be careful of as an adult (like butternut and mango).

And unlike woolies stuff, a banana comes in recyclable "packaging"