Cannondale Launches the All-New Moterra SL: The Lightest Full-Power Mountain Bike Ever*

News bot

Press Release Cannondale introduces the lightest, full-power, electric mountain bike ever made* – the brand new Moterra SL. Packing up to 85Nm of torque, 600+ watts of peak output, and 601Wh of battery power yet weighing as little as 19.5 kilograms, this is an eMTB that defines its own class. Delivering agility and playfulness with power and range, the Moterra is a bike like no other – turning every trail into a non-stop, high-speed flow session. Moterra SL’s high power/low weight combination demands a melding of engineering feats. Creating a lightweight, 150mm-travel frame is only possible thanks to pioneering carbon […]

View full article

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking bike. Really low weight for a full powered bike. Wonder what pricing will be?

4 hours ago, madmarc said:

29 front - 27.5 back ?

hasnt this been tried before and failed to take off

It’s an e-bike so there is no drawbacks of the smaller wheel having slightly worse rolling resistance and the advantage are better handling at the rear for descending as well as being able to handle more torque.

Basically mostly same reasons why motocross bikes have had this same setup for ages already.

There’s no speed penalty to the 27.5 wheels. Mullets are also the in things I line that that this bike is quite light. This makes it behave more like a normal bike so it’s a useful play and skills tool. I want one Mr Ramapoesa

44 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

There’s no speed penalty to the 27.5 wheels. Mullets are also the in things I line that that this bike is quite light. This makes it behave more like a normal bike so it’s a useful play and skills tool. I want one Mr Ramapoesa

There is no debate that on uneven terrain a 29 inch wheel rolls faster so saying there is no speed penalty is not true.

58 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Just hold your horses ... I think that finance cadre may just take the wind out of the sales (see what I did there 🤪) of any new kit ideas for some with his speech today ... I do hold some small hope it'll not be too catastrophic!

33 minutes ago, Shaun001 said:

There is no debate that on uneven terrain a 29 inch wheel rolls faster so saying there is no speed penalty is not true.

Ok I’ll say it again , there is no speed penalty. Theres no debate because people are tired of it. The fact that 27.5 dh hikes live with 29er dh bikes is quite revealing 

the fact that XCO bikes have settled on 29er is more to do with industry standardisation and settling common sizes to reduce the number of options. 

in the real world , there is no speed difference 

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ok I’ll say it again , there is no speed penalty. Theres no debate because people are tired of it. The fact that 27.5 dh hikes live with 29er dh bikes is quite revealing 

the fact that XCO bikes have settled on 29er is more to do with industry standardisation and settling common sizes to reduce the number of options. 

HAHAHAHA 

I am suddenly thrown back to 2014. 

The wheelsize debate is BACK baby!

Haven't nearly all the pro's that tried 27.5 rear's revert back since like 2 years ago already ? Even the shorties like hart is on full 29er afaik.

Debate what you want gwin would looi me on a 26er from 2001 even if i was on an ebike

21 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes, thats because a smaller rear wheel handles a bit better going downhill. I was saying it is slower rolling, there is a difference. You can say no speed penalty as much as you like. It won't change the truth. XCO bikes use 29 because it rolls faster on the terrain they are used for. 

20 minutes ago, Shaun001 said:

Yes, thats because a smaller rear wheel handles a bit better going downhill. I was saying it is slower rolling, there is a difference. You can say no speed penalty as much as you like. It won't change the truth. XCO bikes use 29 because it rolls faster on the terrain they are used for. 

Go do the experiments if you want truth