• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Many thanks, Tim

Looks like Jonah will be making an appearance this coming March! 

Whoohooooo!

What a lucky young man !!!

The beginning of many SPECIAL memories :clap:

PS - Age at 31 December counts  (for the odd Hubber that dont know this already)

23 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I want to tandem the Argus with my son. He turns 11 in December. What are the rules and regulations with kids and age limits?

I can't believe Jonah is turning 11 already. Feels like just the other day that we met the tiny human being.

On 10/23/2023 at 8:58 AM, 'Dale said:

I want to tandem the Argus with my son. He turns 11 in December. What are the rules and regulations with kids and age limits?

Awesome, Dale. That’s where I started and that’s what got me hooked. In a few years he will be beating you on the single, then you’ll wisen up and jump onto the back of the tandem with him. 
I hope to see you guys, a photo would be lekker. 

Edited by Long Wheel Base
Spelling

• 1 month later...
In response to numerous requests, we have decided to postpone the general entry fee increase until 15 January 2024, allowing our regular supporters currently on leave more time to take advantage of the existing price. The price increase will now come into effect at midnight on the evening of 15 January.

Entries for the 2024 Cape Town Cycle Tour will close at midnight on 31 January 2024, don't miss out. 
For more information and to secure your entry visit https://www.capetowncycletour.com/lifecycle-week/ctct/race-entries/

Regards
The Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

translation....entries are slow

13 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

translation....entries are slow

Maybe if they dropped the price to something reasonable, or make an option to drop the goodie bag, IE old stock Pick n Pay want to get rid off.

Edited by Newbie321

I remember the days when this was sold out in hours.  It just shows you, if you do not change and adopt your business model with changing times you will go out of business, sometimes slowly, sometimes over night, but it will happen.  Adapt of die...

This will be a good real-life study in Marketing studies going forward.  What, how, when, and why did it go pear shaped. 

4 minutes ago, Johan A Marais said:

I remember the days when this was sold out in hours.  It just shows you, if you do not change and adopt your business model with changing times you will go out of business, sometimes slowly, sometimes over night, but it will happen.  Adapt of die...

This will be a good real-life study in Marketing studies going forward.  What, how, when, and why did it go pear shaped. 

Exactly, there was a time where you had to refresh the page waiting as soon as the entries open to get a spot. 

Now you have time to see how your December training block goes before entering

7 minutes ago, Johan A Marais said:

The year of the fire, , the year of the big wind cancellation, COVID cancellations and rescheduling probably all play a role.

26 minutes ago, Mamil said:

The year of the fire, , the year of the big wind cancellation, COVID cancellations and rescheduling probably all play a role.

another factor is that those up-country folk that can afford to do this would most likely have their kids in private schools, and the timing clashes with the school term.