First Look: Specialized Epic 8

News bot

1 hour ago, leon_pro said:

Is this a Sub 3 CTCT(argus) bike?

Go look in the road bike ads. A De Rosa sold as the CTCT winning bike for a bargain R149 999.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

And you making the same post about them every year too?

No, I try to alternate between the 'KTM for the same money', the 'Top end anything is expensive' and the 'Stop using extremes as a benchmark for proving a general point' but this year I went with just pointing out how the same comments are made every year. I did not exempt myself either

27 minutes ago, MaMc said:

Why no live-valve on the 2024 Models? Seems like a bad time to be getting out the electronic suspension game

A shift in strategy; we decided to rather offer a power meter in the Anthem Advanced 1 than electronic suspension to balance the value proposition.

4 minutes ago, Giant Bicycles South Africa said:

A shift in strategy; we decided to rather offer a power meter in the Anthem Advanced 1 than electronic suspension to balance the value proposition.

Hopefully that’s not a Shimano Power Meter because then you may as well have thrown in a picknpay random number generator for R19.99

16 minutes ago, Giant Bicycles South Africa said:

Tell your friends ;) 

Gimme one for a year and I’ll tell the world 🤗

1 hour ago, Giant Bicycles South Africa said:

Yes man! Although we have some spicy new Anthems that just arrived... and you can get two of them for the price of one Epic 👀

Been perving over the new anthems recently. Unfortunately I can fund my daughter’s varsity accommodation for a year for the price of an anthem so maybe in 4 more years 😂

i love looking at new bikes but my skill, my wallet and my abilities are way more matched to what i already have. If okes can afford 12k bikes and they love them, then good luck to them. 

You know what annoys me much more than R300k hyperbikes?

The fact that next year, I'm going to need to fork out close to a bar for a new (low-mileage) car. Bikes are cheap in comparison.

1 hour ago, Giant Bicycles South Africa said:

Yes man! Although we have some spicy new Anthems that just arrived... and you can get two of them for the price of one Epic 👀

and risk my friends thinking I'm poor??