Low-balling Webuycycles

11 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Question - is it possible to block a member, as one can do on the forum side of the Hub ?

(And can one block/ignore threads on mobile?)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought a couple of "sight unseen" Diverge gravel bikes from Bike Market/WebuyBicycles and had good experiences both times.

I've also been low balled a ton of times on some of my ads, which i simply ignore.

What is useful is that the bikes they make offers on,  are literally all sold with in a couple of weeks after that, giving me indication of product popularity. 

12 hours ago, Zwendog said:

At the end of the day, the fact is that it is annoying that Bike Market is taking advantage (leveraging) a platform like BikeHub to get access to users that post their bicycles on this platform

FWIW i 100% disagree with this statement.

Its an open/free market - you can ignore the offers.

1 hour ago, Kom said:

How can it be? Ignore possibly but, We can’t opt out? So we don’t really have a choice.

1 hour ago, Kom said:

yes and no

a "hubber" could be picking up the same item for more than what the dealer is offering and yet still walk away with a great deal and the seller also gets a little more out of the deal.

then again if someone wants to sell fast, then yes a dealer makes sense.

what irked me was the tone of the message with a low ball offer that did/does not sit well with me.

..interesting chats and points of view all round. My only observation is… Most okes would rather sell their 4 wheels than  2 wheels! 🤭

Low balling is what makes capitalism work, I say.. comrades, embrace the pain, it ‘any going away. 😅 viva viva BikeHub.