Temu for cycling goods

13 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I hate Temu. 

The repetitive ads alone make we want to buy nothing 

I use firefox and ublock origin addon and NO ads is coming up. works with Youtube aswell. I hate ADS

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/24/2024 at 3:52 PM, dexterdent said:

Anyone bought some bibs yet from Temu? The local ones are just getting too expensive (at least for indoor training) - and seems like there are quality issues anyway (enough threads on that already...). I'd love to support local but R2k for an entry-level bib seems a bit excessive.

My wife went on a bit of spree and bought some bibs for me. All were mediums . 2 fitted but two with "gel pads" were slightly too big. I'm 178cm and 67 kg for reference. Stitching seems fine and chamois were fine but a little wide between the legs. i don't do long rides anymore but 2 hours and they were fine.

@Prince could you dm me a photo? I'm taller and heavier, and might be interested in trying out a "gel pad" bib if you're looking to get rid of those that don't fit.

Edited by bebnin
tagged user

17 hours ago, bebnin said:

@Prince could you dm me a photo? I'm taller and heavier, and might be interested in trying out a "gel pad" bib if you're looking to get rid of those that don't fit.

I am actually using all of them despite the fit not being "perfect."

Edited by Prince
Spelling

17 hours ago, Prince said:

My wife went on a bit of spree and bought some bibs for me. All were mediums . 2 fitted but two with "gel pads" were slightly too big. I'm 178cm and 67 kg for reference. Stitching seems fine and chamois were fine but a little wide between the legs. i don't do long rides anymore but 2 hours and they were fine.

at the price they are definitely worth trying...even with 45% duties plus VAT...

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered some small things from Temu and I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. Took around 9 days to get here and only had to pay 15% VAT IMG_8137.jpg.7176f7610740450d70c32b3a6a7e461a.jpg

My most recent Temu purchases - very happy with all and all exactly as pictured. 

The vests are super light, you forget you’re wearing them, and give me huge peace of mind for night time walks and rides. 

The grips worked flawlessly last night over 23km in the dark over roads, paved pathways and some single track on red route (Steyn City) including some very speedy twisty downhills at 40km/h plus. Didn’t feel squidgy and didn’t have to do a white knuckle death grip. At one point I actually wanted to force a grip to move as I didn’t position it exactly right but it said No. 

The valve caps seat very nicely and feel secure. And the red caps between my 2 red spokes and red valves on my Am Classic wheels just looks super cool. 

IMG_6822.png.44295870f6ca799da76d3a0f82877be2.pngIMG_6823.png.f495de664d89210d8b971de64aee5e9a.pngIMG_6821.png.baa880b285d608d07ae0bb621205b90d.png

On 6/24/2024 at 8:20 AM, MongooseMan said:

Decided to try one of the Ryet Temu saddles. 3d printed top with carbon fibre base and rails. So far so good.

1AF96216-DE14-4B55-AA4B-5FC5E8DB7B3C.jpeg

Any feedback on this saddle after some usage?

1 hour ago, Liam_Volschenk said:

Ordered some small things from Temu and I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. Took around 9 days to get here and only had to pay 15% VAT IMG_8137.jpg.7176f7610740450d70c32b3a6a7e461a.jpg

How much is the fake supacaz and is it any good?

12 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Currently R195 - here 

Haven't installed it yet, but it looks and feels good

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

No complaints, feels nice, feels solid. 

4 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Even the Genuiune SupaCaz was or is Junk - Myabe the fake stuff is better quality

Ordered some tools off Temu because my wife got some nice vouchers to save even more moolah, quite happy with the quality, I stuck with Toopre and another brand I recognized on their site, cant remember off hand now what it is, but everything works as it should, used the derailleur hanger thing on a hanger I knew is straight, just to check it wasnt going to give bad "readings" and then used it on a hanger I knew was bent, amazing how quiet the drivetrain is now, and how much better the bike shifts 👍👍 also used my saw blade guide to cut down some handlebars, worked as expected....

Everything came in around 7 days, and was even delivered on a Saturday, even with the free shipping deal we got, actually caused a bit of a problem because we were not home, but alas, we made a plan.

One problem we had, I ordered a cable cutter, but was sent a BB tool, we lodged a dispute and should have an outcome today on if we will recieve a credit for the cutter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 8:22 PM, justinafrika said:

I'm going to be somewhat judicious about what I buy from them in future.  Last night Channel 4 aired The Truth About Temu: Dispatches.  Carabiners had fraudulent safety claims and markings (and had never even been submitted to the UIAA), a baby harness which was claimed to be safe up to 15kg broke at the first instance and immediately with a 5kg sandbag, and insulated screwdrivers and wire strippers had fake safety markings and fraudulent certification (What the actual ....).  Oh, and all the metal jewellery submitted for analysing had extremely unsafe levels of various heavy metals.

Let's just say, at the kind of speeds I like, I ain't risking buying brakes from these guys.  At this rate I'm wondering if the cycling socks and loose shirts for chilled summer rides I got are safe.

Very concerning.  A wide range of products tested had carcinogens like phthalates and lead, with some products having levels above permitted levels by a factor of several hundreds: 

https://www.environmentenergyleader.com/2024/05/shein-temu-aliexpress-under-fire-as-seoul-inspections-reveal-dangerous-chemicals/

Edited by justinafrika

I've bought quite a few things from Temu and will continue to do so until such a time they start charging for shipping.

Latest order had a few TPU tubes at R86 each (lets hope they don't let go going down Baainskloof), a couple of bike tools, deraillure hanger extenders and some MTB Spur grip type bars ends that worked so well at the 361 Half that I bought sets for my gravel bike and dual as well.

34 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I've bought quite a few things from Temu and will continue to do so until such a time they start charging for shipping.

Latest order had a few TPU tubes at R86 each (lets hope they don't let go going down Baainskloof), a couple of bike tools, deraillure hanger extenders and some MTB Spur grip type bars ends that worked so well at the 361 Half that I bought sets for my gravel bike and dual as well.

Which brand TPU you get?