Passing time on a turbo

MarcoDeS

19 hours ago, Frosty said:

Given that one pedals the majority of the time when on a trainer, compared to riding outside (more variable), who actually takes time off on a longer endurance ride? Even just to stretch the legs, go for a pee, etc.?

It happens outside, so why should it be any different indoors? Rhetorical question.

The coffee break on Zwift is nice for bottle refill, quick break and you stay with the group i.s.o. pedalling away on your own again (riding with robopacers).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I could not agree more but there is value in these sessions, can't see how people can do 100km on a Zwift ride.

In lockdown there was a virtual 36One...😁fair number of participants as well.

Also a virtual Attakwas which was just brutal.

1 hour ago, Dogs said:

It was no fun…. The 36One 🥲

2 hours ago, Dogs said:

A few friends did their Baviaans prep on their trainers .... 5+ hour sessions 😬

I rather do a couple of shorter zwift rides, then head outside as soon as work schedule and the weather provides a gap.  Cold weather is fine, but I try to not go out when rain is predicted.

Done many years and hours on the IDT, due to work hours and Swiss winters.

Riding in the dark, freezing cold and wet weather is not fun, did a Rapha 500 challenge once in December in all sorts of *** weather, NOT AGAIN THANKS!

in the past I did some + 6 hour rides on the IDT, the key to these  is as below and to move around on the bike frequently alternating sitting and standing, your soft tissue area  will thank you 🤩 

For long rides the key is to watch something like Netflix, before Netflix and YouTube I had a portable dvd player in my training room.

Rouvy has great scenery and so many different route options, but for long rides some other visual entertainment is recommended. 

Have fun

This is also where rocker plates come in I reckon, interesting that Wahoo adopted the principle in their latest model. 

I  listen to music and also use the Elite Sterzo Smart steerder for Zwift, it is more fun to take the bends as you would, when riding on a race track . I can duck in behind other rider for slip.

The feeling on the bike is also more realistic with the steerder.