Shimano designing a fully wireless groupset

nathrix

They just took the ASX apart in Japan and made some tweaks….😂😂😂 Their global market share is eye watering! They need to feed the monster. 

3 hours ago, betaboy said:

They just took the ASX apart in Japan and made some tweaks….😂😂😂 Their global market share is eye watering! They need to feed the monster. 

Or technical insight to make it even better.

1 hour ago, nathrix said:

Or technical insight to make it even better.

We all know the japs, it’s of course going to be Competitive… it’s going to come down to a good price point, and be future proof within their eco system.

That non recall was a big blow… pity many riders got unnecessary road rash and serious injuries. I wonder whatever happened to that storm? The settle out of court or anybody know how it ended? 🤔

Like with anything brand new we will obviously wait for it to be properly reviewed and try our damnedest to see when it breaks by the “real world folk” which is us weekend warriors for a year or so before throwing hard earned cash at it. 

As a Shimano convert. Having the bigger battery available to the front derailleur really does allow for a more solid and positive feeling shift vs sram.

How they are able to retain that great shift moving over to a wireless system

14 minutes ago, Furbz said:

As a Shimano convert. Having the bigger battery available to the front derailleur really does allow for a more solid and positive feeling shift vs sram.

How they are able to retain that great shift moving over to a wireless system

Likely it will be a semi-wireless system, so still some fidgeting with installing. Also interested to see how Shimano adapt designs to the UDH standard in their finished products.

Interestingly none of the Shimano equipped teams (UCI) at Epic were running Di2, although two of the teams alluded to something in the pipeline.

on a 2x system I really don't mind having only one battery to charge instead of two. Actually, I wish my bike was installed with the wires from the levers to the battery, it would be one less thing to worry about even if I still haven't changed the shifters batteries yet.

I still have PTSD from when my gen 1 force shifters died on me 1km into the 100 miler, then I tried for 40km to shift up and down with the 1 remaining shifter using my phone to reprogram it to up/down every time. (With the super shitty app shimano has it would've never been possible)

Edited by Jbr

16 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

A bit late to the party for Shimano.

in true Shimano fashion

22 minutes ago, Jbr said:

on a 2x system I really don't mind having only one battery to charge instead of two. Actually, I wish my bike was installed with the wires from the levers to the battery, it would be one less thing to warry about even if I still haven't changed the shifters batteries yet.

I still have PTSD from when my gen 1 force shifters died on me 1km into the 100 miler, then I tried for 40km to shift up and down with the 1 remaining shifter using my phone to reprogram it to up/down every time. (With the super shitty app shimano has it would've never been possible)

What di2 groupset do you have? 

Doesn’t matter what your feelings are towards the brand…truth is they’ll likely sell more of these than SRAM can ever wish for 🤷🏻‍♂️

And then here I am, sold my AXS, went back to XT because i couldn't care about charging a bicycle AND just bought me a Linkglide XT groupset to replace this when the time comes. I’m over paying sh!t tons of money for consumables like a drivetrain. Imagine having to replace the gearbox in you car every 5k km lol. ( probably would still be cheaper than bicycle drivetrain thats the sick part. If we had permanent shuttles around i would run my enduro bikes single speed. Added bonus of more efficient rear suspension.  R2k for a chain, 8k for a cassette etc etc…nah, im done. 

48 minutes ago, letsride said:

What di2 groupset do you have? 

the 12spd ultegra 😕