Shaun Nick Bester - Cycling SA announcement

bolt67

39 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

Not sure if a sponsor but Vye  has already reacted and put out a notice. Saw it yesterday on FB. 

I see they are withdrawing all support. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shaper said:

Yet he seems to have already put a plan in place to be fronted by his wife to continue the coaching according to that statement posted earlier in this thread. 

And no change to the credentials on the website. So they still punt the level 4 to the unsuspecting. 

3 hours ago, DMJ said:

I'm loving all the legal experts without law degrees... allow me to politely clarify:

He's been found *guilty* of all charges relating to grooming and sexual misconduct in civil setting (i.e. on a balance of probabilities he is probably a sex offender and guilty of all civil charges).

This was following an extensive process where he was represented by lawyers throughout, including an appeal process. Bester is not a victim here! He has been found guilty whether you like it or not.

Whether the SAPS / NPA charges and convicts him of his crimes in a criminal court, with potential jail time, remains to be seen. But that is totally irrelevant to what I have stated above. Completely different processes! I applaud CSA for the openness and transparency!

You ever attend the high court, or any court? Or even watch an episode of LA law? 

Did you notice the opposing counsels?  Both sides well qualified and both sides believe themselves to be right? Yet….only one side wins, does this mean the other side is less qualified?

do you have knowledge of who has and who does not have law degrees? 

edit: just to be crystal clear as some may have missed this not so subtle point: don’t think anyone is saying mr bester is innocent, just that it could have been dealt with better. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

You ever attend the high court, or any court? Or even watch an episode of LA law? 

Did you notice the opposing counsels?  Both sides well qualified and both sides believe themselves to be right? Yet….only one side wins, does this mean the other side is less qualified?

do you have knowledge of who has and who does not have law degrees? 

Does Judge Judy count?

33 minutes ago, Barry said:

And no change to the credentials on the website. So they still punt the level 4 to the unsuspecting. 

I spotted this yesterday as well. His own website says Level 3 coach, but his Strava profile states Level 4. I'm pretty sure this can quickly be verified by doing a search on a UCI database. 

3 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

image.jpeg.4c233162eda6982ed0db280e95177761.jpeg

As of 20min ago and the ambassador page was also just taken down.

Someone was reading this thread. 

Screenshot_20240604_114512_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Barry

33 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

edit: just to be crystal clear as some may have missed this not so subtle point: don’t think anyone is saying mr bester is innocent, just that it could have been dealt with better. 

How do you want this to be dealt with better? Your just coming off as a person who feels that predators should be better protected and have anonymity - a friend of predators even

3 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

I spotted this yesterday as well. His own website says Level 3 coach, but his Strava profile states Level 4. I'm pretty sure this can quickly be verified by doing a search on a UCI database. 

UCI only have 3 levels or Tiers of coaching. Not sure how he has a level 4, but then again, also as per this guy to many people, what do I know. 

47 minutes ago, shaper said:

Yet he seems to have already put a plan in place to be fronted by his wife to continue the coaching according to that statement posted earlier in this thread. 

Probably because he knew he was busted fair and square. 

Rumors of his infidelity has been running around the racing circuit for a while. But at least that was with other consenting adults.  This is a whole new low.
This guy should be prosecuted by law and kept far away from any females.

4 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

UCI only have 3 levels or Tiers of coaching. Not sure how he has a level 4, but then again, also as per this guy to many people, what do I know. 

From his FB page

Screenshot_20240604_115404_Facebook.jpg

6 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

The thick plottens...

10 minutes ago, Pandatron said:

How do you want this to be dealt with better? Your just coming off as a person who feels that predators should be better protected and have anonymity - a friend of predators even

I tried so vigilantly not to portray myself as you have described, appears I have failed.