Zwift Subscription

3 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I use Fulgaz, I wanted to try MyWhoosh but unfortunately I went down the rabbit hole to get an Apple TV etc and MyWhoosh is not on there

strange, I have it on my Apple TV?

Have you tried the King Lake FTP by the way? Keen to hear your thoughts on it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

strange, I have it on my Apple TV?

Have you tried the King Lake FTP by the way? Keen to hear your thoughts on it.

You are correct yes, I just confirmed 😁. The Kinglake is not too bad but the most comprehensive FTP or as they call it 4DP is through Sufferfest. The only two reasons why I left their platform was because I started to get bored and their videos doesn't have any elevation gain

will look into the sufferfest option, I have a test coming up - so hoping I can get a Sufferfest trial, not using any platforms at present and want to avoid restarting just for a test!

5 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

will look into the sufferfest option, I have a test coming up - so hoping I can get a Sufferfest trial, not using any platforms at present and want to avoid restarting just for a test!

They rebranded: https://accounts.wahooligan.com/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=wahoox_weekly&_gl=1*1owpji2*_gcl_au*MTg1NTEyNjg4Ny4xNzE5MzE3Mzgw*_ga*MTk0MjAxNjI1MC4xNzE5MzE3Mzgw*_ga_Z7E3187MSK*MTcxOTMxNzM4MC4xLjEuMTcxOTMxNzQ0MS41OS4wLjA. 

38 minutes ago, thebob said:

That 4DP test is evil

from what I have read - I believe so, but might stay with the Fulgaz option to keep protocols the same...

How does the 20 minute test work though? in terms of how does it apply resistance?

7 hours ago, Furbz said:

Thanks for this thread. 

my indoor training is no where near as high a level as i used to be at. 

so each time i see Zwift subs coming off i think i should do more to make it worthwhile.

i've just paused my subscription and will give Whoosh a go

PAUSE will auto restart sooner rather than later.

CANCEL stops it until you decide to restart it. 

Some have been caught out by this PAUSE function ...

MyWhoosh is not liking my pc ....

I do a test ride ... everything works.  Tomorrow morning I do a warm up ride and one or more of the sensors wont work ....

No amount of rebooting helps.

Start Zwift and every sensor works perfectly.

Will give MyWhoosh another try next week.  I have run updates on everything .... heres hoping ...

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

I do a test ride ... everything works.  Tomorrow morning I do a warm up ride and one or more of the sensors wont work ....

No amount of rebooting helps.

Start Zwift and every sensor works perfectly.

Will give MyWhoosh another try next week.  I have run updates on everything .... heres hoping ...

I had endless issues with Fulgaz, the amount of crap was astronomical, it finally got sorted after lots of upgrades and app releases. it's because of that reason that I'm not even going to try MW. 

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

PAUSE will auto restart sooner rather than later.

CANCEL stops it until you decide to restart it. 

Some have been caught out by this PAUSE function ...

That would be me… pause restarts after 3 or 6 months.  Now I cancel.

11 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Do you not have a daily planner? How do you keep appointments and stuff?

Well spotted. I knew someone would send the grammar police! 😂😂😂.

17 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

from what I have read - I believe so, but might stay with the Fulgaz option to keep protocols the same...

How does the 20 minute test work though? in terms of how does it apply resistance?

For the 4DP test there is no resistance. You use your gears and legs to put out as much power as possible without going bang over the 4 "Tests" in the hour

16 hours ago, ChrisF said:

I had loads of issues too and then one day it suddenly worked. Having said that my wife couldn't complete a ride this week tho that was a wireless issue. The connectivity where the trainer is isn't great.

But IMO it's definitely not as "professional" as Zwift. If I was training religiously or lived in the UK I'd pay for Zwift. I enjoyed Rouvy until i didn't. The sufferfest was too much.

But right now I'd happily trade my trainer for a treadmill. Lockdown cured me of indoor training.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Sadly... For me. The monthly subscription isn't even 2 beers at my local, in my neck of the world. So moot for me. 

I will give Mywhoosh a try when my next annual subscription expires!

Then I can get those 2 extra beers a month 🥹