Help needed - Elite Suito-T or Wahoo Kickr Core

Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing well. Its been a while

Background: I have a 2022 TITAN Cypher RS Carbon Pro (100mm) and I am looking for an indoor trainer.

I have two options for my budget: Wahoo Kickr Core, which I can get for R 12,999 or the Elite Suito-T which I can get locally here in town for R13,990

They mentioned my Cassette will be R 2650 (Is this correct?)

Question: Which trainer should I get and is the 1k price difference for the Elite worth it? I've never had an indoor trainer but I don't mind paying 1k more if the Elite is any superior to the Wahoo.

I want to buy the best for my current budget so more expensive trainers are not an option. 

Thanks for the help in advance

Regards

Johann

Edited by Transformer09

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Kickr because I heard that the support from the suppliers is the best compared to the rest.

You can opt for an Eagle NX cassette which will be a straight fit onto the Kickr.

I was also looking at these two trainers a few years ago, and most comparisons/reviews leaned towards the Kickr Core, but ended in a toss-up because the price of the Suito was better. Sounds like that's not the case anymore, so I'd go with the Core.

Personally I went with a Kickr 4 that I managed to get for R14999 at CWC on discount. I figured buying a Core and a cassette I'm already close to that amount, so made sense at the time to make that extra R1500 jump to the Kickr 4. 

And off course, Wahoo (Ikhambi Distributions) after sales support is great.

Keep something in mind, once a Wahoo is out of warranty, they don’t carry spare parts and instead offer you a replacement trainer at a discount. 

Elite carry each part as backup and each individual thing can be replaced. 

A Sunrace cassette will be fine for a trainer, no need to get anything fancy.

Wahoo vs Elite - check with the local agents  - Ikhambi and Omnico - about service and spares, that would be my decider.

6 of one and half a dozen of the other... I had the same dilemma last year and went for the Elite Suito because there was a stock shortage of the Kickr Core at the time. I haven't regretted it yet, the trainer works great 🤙

Thanks for all the replies. For those that are using the Elite, do you to subscribe to the myEtraining app and lets say the Zwift app?

Cant you use the Zwift app directly?

Sorry I don't know how this works

2 hours ago, Transformer09 said:

Thanks for all the replies. For those that are using the Elite, do you to subscribe to the myEtraining app and lets say the Zwift app?

Cant you use the Zwift app directly?

Sorry I don't know how this works

I wouldn't bother with the paid version. The free version works fine for basic riding/training. I personly like Zwift, but there is a whole thread on the subject 

I use an Elite Direto, my dad has a Suito. Great trainers........but the core is also great. Since Omnico took over the Elite agency spares are available again which is great. I have never used the myEtraining app pretty much only use Zwift so you definitely don't need it if you don't want it.

If i had to choose.....i would pick the quietest one assuming service and spares etc are fine. look at DC rainmaker and  GPlama on you tube and you will find loads of comparisons for these trainers.

On cassettes i have been using an old worn out xt cassette for 5 years....you don't need anything special.

just a point on using a dual sus bike. I started out using one on the trainer and after two or three years i had put some major use into the suspension, eventually bought an old hard tail and use that as a trainer bike. So if you going to train often (i use it four times a week) then you may want to think about this.

I owned one of the original suitos and own a kickr now (not the core, but understand it to be similar). I would go with the kickr hands down.

So ruan that took over for Richard can repair and service the elite but he recommends the suitto.. I’ve just bought a flux s bundle from mellow velo for 10k.. it’s awesome and I believe ruan can service tacx as well.. wahoo, no repairs and no services.. if it dies it dies from what I understand.. 

I am on my second suito. First one was flawless, but I sold it before moving. I bought another one second hand. 

I am having power calibration issues with the second one. The suito calculates power and does not measure power with a strain gauge. My trainers calibration is quite off compared to my power meter pedals. So now I am using my pedals as the power source for the trainer which is then transmitted to zwift. Causes a bit of a delay to zwif though.

Both trainers are awesome, you won't go wrong with either one.

From my personal experience, I've had the original Kickr v1, then got the Kickr v5. Unfortunately the v5 stopped sending power and cadence figures (apparently it's an issue with this version from reading various forums).  I started looking at the Elite range during this time as well. The new Elite Avanti that is hopefully coming at the end of the year or early next year looks amazing for the price point.  The Suito and Justo also look like amazing trainers. I mean if Pogi can ride on Elite then I'm sure it's good for us mere mortals  😉

In saying that, Wahoo (Ikhambi Distributions) have been absolutely amazing, they went out of their way to assist me, so I can highly recommend them! I'm now currently on the v6 and couldn't be happier.

So, this happened this morning.

But, I think that I made a mistake with the cassette.
I have 11-30 on my road bike, and my wife has 11-34.
I bought a 34 cassette, but now wonder if that will be an issue with my chain and b-screw settings...

In hindsight, I should have gone with the 11-30, but they only had Ultegra. it didn't make sense to get that for the indoor. (Scrounging around online, I cant find a 105 level 12spd 11-30).

image.png.d39b1cc60de81ee9f2e56dfda8ccbe47.png

2 hours ago, splat said:

So, this happened this morning.

But, I think that I made a mistake with the cassette.
I have 11-30 on my road bike, and my wife has 11-34.
I bought a 34 cassette, but now wonder if that will be an issue with my chain and b-screw settings...

In hindsight, I should have gone with the 11-30, but they only had Ultegra. it didn't make sense to get that for the indoor. (Scrounging around online, I cant find a 105 level 12spd 11-30).

image.png.d39b1cc60de81ee9f2e56dfda8ccbe47.png

Surely it's only potentially an issue if you use the 34? Just avoid changing all the way and ride it as an 11spd.

Edited by NC_lurker
Clarity