So hoe was die naweek se Training?

snapshot

LOL It took me nearly three hours to do 65kms this weekend so not very soon!!

My friend in PE has tried hard to get me to enter - we're going down to support him and then we'll see.  My hubby has started training for 2008's Ironman so I'll probably end up getting into it too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Onthou net "LSD ride" beteken nie "Long Slow Distance" ride nie. Dit is vir "Long Steady Distance". So jy moet darem nog effort insit.

Dis waarom ek die "TITS" abbreviation verkies.  Time in the saddle - Niemand het enigiets van slow ges? nie.Wink

Donderdag - Sabie X 75km

Vrydag - Sabie X 76km

Saterdag - Sabie X 72km

Sondag TT 25km

Eks nou pretty gatvol vir 'n grondpad

time spent on the bike: 0h 0mins.

time spent filling the gut: 6hrs

time spent emptying gut: 1hr

overall gain: sore back

clubride on saturday - 10km warmup to start,  70km clubride, 20km on my own.  friend got a puncture 1hour into the ride,  so i stopped & helped (10mins delay).  a bit later my chain came off on a hill (1min delay) & we still managed to catch the group we started off with.

cubride on sunday - got up & it looked very overcast.  met the club & ride was to voortrekker monument (again!!!) - rode for 2km and decided that it is going to rain - turned back & got back into bed - it ended up not raining.

Not The Training Ride Report.

300 km Saturday, 300 km Sunday, elapsed time 39:22... that's PBP qualifier No. 2. Just the 200 and 300 to do now!

P.S. You see some weird sh!t going down Voortrekker Rd at 2.30 on a Sunday morning.

Donderdag - Sabie X 75km

Vrydag - Sabie X 76km

Saterdag - Sabie X 72km

Sondag TT 25km

Eks nou pretty gatvol vir 'n grondpad
So hoe was die Sabie???

Me and Zaskar rode a hard two lapper at Suikerbosrand. Have to download the pics from my cam (will post tom Tongue) Zaskar got toasted in the sun ShockedLOL It was a tough two laps, the harder the better Wink Sunday I stayed at home and did not do much, recovered. I will train again tonight.

IanJ and Sonic did one lap,  pretty good ride considering Sonic has been off the bike for a while. Also met another hubber along the way Thoyolo (I think Question)

Next weekend ill probably be training Magoebaskloof.

After see that guy who got hit by car on rustenburg road, don't wanna see my bike for a bit...

Sat - 4 hours rock climbing

Sun - 3 hours hike

Thanks epoh, i cant wait to see those pics.... First lap was with IanJ and Sonic, and second time round was just the 2 of us. Nice riding, but it was a bit windy. And damn it got hot! Foolishly forgot to put on sunscreen, wait for the pics!

So Sat was 116km, and yesterday the ride was rained out, so did 50km on the rollers.

Pictures from Sat:

After lap 1...

20061218_040307_Small_DSC02273.JPG

epoh checking his messages...20061218_040843_Small_DSC02275.JPG

and me with my bike..

20061218_040937_Small_DSC02274.JPG

and me with my bike..

20061218_040937_Small_DSC02274.JPG

BLASPHEMOUS!!!! That kit and bike combo should be banned. A matter of fact, anything to do with that kit should be banned.

Saturday my partner overslept by an hour so we had to cut our trip to 57km as we were cycling to a specific venue for a specific time.  Avg 29km/h, including a nice steady pace up Helshoogte.

Sunday met a different partner and did a 72 km ride at 27 km/h (950m ascent including Constantia Nek, Chappies and Ou Kaapse Weg).

I managed to secure a prime section of Ou Kaapse Weg realestate on my way down the steep side (don't know what happened, but managed to slow down to about 30 before I hit the ground - costing me the replacement of my helmet, a new cycling top and a new GP4000 rear tyre Cry, the "old one" is only about 1 month old!!! - tried to break and the rearwheel locked...  Thankful that I did not go right through the tyre and wreck my rear rim!)

Feel like such an idiot; anybody have some helpful tips on how to have more confidence on downhills as well as exercises to improve technique?  I'll be even more nervous on downhills now.

What's the point of being strong on the uphill if you suck on the downhill?

Had a helluva fright and my wife's had me go through all the policies today to ensure she's adequately covered... (no jokes!)

I'll be the one flying down Vissershok over and over on Saturdaymornings! Tongue

Zaskar....

That's just WRONG dude. 
You are cordially invited for a braai tonight.......bring that Disco Kit with!!!  I have petrol.  We can make BIG fire!!!!!

Sorry Mampara, but my Barloworld and Lampre kit was dirty!

And besides that Nike Disco kit is the most comfortable kit i own by far!