So hoe was die naweek se Training?

snapshot

Sabie was vrek moeilik.....ek kan vandag omtrent nie loop nie....sekere dele van my anatomie is nie meer wat dit was voor die race nie. Dit sou enjoyable gewees het as ek die regte partner gehad het....vrek goed georganise. van ons groot pad fiets events kan definiitef by die mense gaan leer. Voor jy in jou shoot kan gaan word jy gescan met jou barcode nommer ten einde seker te maak jy jump nie die qeue nie....flippen cool gewees.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabie was vrek moeilik.....ek kan vandag omtrent nie loop nie....sekere dele van my anatomie is nie meer wat dit was voor die race nie. Dit sou enjoyable gewees het as ek die regte partner gehad het....vrek goed georganise. van ons groot pad fiets events kan definiitef by die mense gaan leer. Voor jy in jou shoot kan gaan word jy gescan met jou barcode nommer ten einde seker te maak jy jump nie die qeue nie....flippen cool gewees.

Wat was fout met jou partner ?

nee ek kon nie by bly nie....no team dynamics. Die eerste keer wat ek so suffer en daar was geen aanmoediging....instead....Amoryn die volgende klim is 15km lank...soek solank granny gear

OK, so after a really cr@p year of being sick with "M.E. Flu" and just crawling along and trying to do things, I finally took a month off the bike and am now ready to really start training.

For the first time in 6 months I have trained during the week. Did a hilly Hour ride tuesday, wed off, flat hour ride thurs and half hour on trainer fri. Felt awful saturdya so took off and did an easy ride in the rain with Dudet and my sister-in-law Sunday(40km+). Met Copman, Levi and the dudes on the way.

Watch this space cause next year I'm back Big%20smile

nee ek kon nie by bly nie....no team dynamics. Die eerste keer wat ek so suffer en daar was geen aanmoediging....instead....Amoryn die volgende klim is 15km lank...soek solank granny gear

Don't let it bug you Amoryn. Well done!!!Clap

Wie's die Blik!@$M, wat is sy naam...

Die TCS boys sal hom uitsorteer oor hy so ongeskik met ons girl is!!!!

You moer with one of TCS, you moer with all of TCS!!!!AngryAngry

..... - tried to break and the rearwheel locked...  Thankful that I did not go right through the tyre and wreck my rear rim!)

Feel like such an idiot; anybody have some helpful tips on how to have more confidence on downhills as well as exercises to improve technique?  I'll be even more nervous on downhills now.

Hey WingNut!  Why do you even use your rear brakeConfused?  Was your front brake-cable broken or what?  I never use my rear brake on my roadbike, unless if I'm standing on the front brake and still need more brake power...

Hey MW.

Using the front break when doing about 54kph to stop quickly does not come to mind as the most natural thing to do... Wink  Especially not since I have had the front wheel behave quite badly when trying to break hard in very much the same conditions...

I put my weight back, tried to cut down speed with the rear break by using it firmly in short bursts - like ABS...  I did decelerate but not slowly enough to my liking. 

Tried to stop faster by using the front breaks as well (softly but solidly) at which time I started to panic and slammed on the back break (front break still firmly in place, but not locking).  Back wheel locked but I was too busy trying to stay on the bike to release it.  (the wheel was not flat)

Looking back, I maybe should have just released it all and tried to let the bike correct itself but I can do with some input...

Or I should have just sat up on the downhill to start with.

I'm pretty nervous on the downhills and would easily do the 70-75 km/h now and then but yesterday there was debris in the road, lots of traffic and a pesky little cross-wind.  All making me more nervous.

What the back wheel did just before I lost control at about 54 km/h felt exactly like about a year ago going down Tiekiedraai at 70 km/h and hit a stone with my back wheel (valve popped and I lost control but managed to come to a standstil safely).

I'm baffled as to why this happened !?!  I bought new wheels specifically because I thought my WH-R540's had something to do with it...  So the problem can only be myself - or the bike?  (I'd think it's probably something stupid I did)

Should this question move to the tech thread?

Slowpoke and me did some arm exercises on Friday evening, a bottle of

Shiraz and a bottle of very expensive looking red Italian champagne

later it was Saturday...  Then I did some more arm exercises

swiping the credit card.... and on Sunday I exercised my right to fall

off everytime I get on a mtb... ;-))

When you get back from leave we must work in a few "how to handle you MTB " sessions at Logwood . They are free and we will be gentle !

I'm not laughing at you falling - i promise!!!Cry Was laughing about the way you described all your "training"...

Well I know what the TCS guys do when they supposed to be resting,met Levi Copman Jaco and friend cruising around Hartebeespoort dam, Broederstroom and the Westrand on Saturday after 150KM of riding these guys still made the hills look like speedbumps with the ease they glided over them whilst chatting away. I was impressed,Copman thanks for the words of encouragement the Orange okes appreciated it.

Crux these TCS guys are going to kick butt next year if this is what they do on an easy ride I hate to see what their peak training sessions look like.

Thanks for the complement Mallo.

Yup.  I think we are all proud of our team and look forward to a succesful 2007.

Do not for ONE moment think that was easy.  Jaco is going over to London to sow some "Wild oats" and is killing himself before he goes over.....No riding A BIKE over in London for 2 weeks.......Sad little man....