Metro Police run down TCS rider!!!!

Cruxpearl

Crux: Check that the file with the SAPS does not disappear. The Investigating officer should have regular contact with you/ Barend. This is a criminal matter(alleged RECKLESS/NEGLIGENT DRIVING) and a matter that has relevance on the code of conduct of the officers. They are employed by the Metro municipality and have conditions of employment which contains a disciplinary procedure. Make sure that a charge is laid at the Director of that Department so that the officer is investigated in terms of his conditions of employment. This MUST be followed up in order to give effect to a disciplinary tribunal. He has the opportunity to state his case there (as with the criminal case) in terms of the labour law.

The law is there for everyone. Metro officials left no stone unturned during the festive season to curb down on the public for traffic related offences. They are subject to the same laws and we must see that is executed.

If you need more advice' date=' pm me.
[/quote']

Mmm can someone remind me ... was their top dog McBride ever charged? Good luck people! I think that you have a better chance at success with IanJ's reporter - if there really is a story to be told.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm can someone remind me ... was their top dog McBride ever charged? Good luck people! I think that you have a better chance at success with IanJ's reporter - if there really is a story to be told.

I think there is some kind of investigation still under way, I know he is still suspended as we had to deal with an acting chief to organise the protest ride.

Crux: Check that the file with the SAPS does not disappear. The Investigating officer should have regular contact with you/ Barend. This is a criminal matter(alleged RECKLESS/NEGLIGENT DRIVING) and a matter that has relevance on the code of conduct of the officers. They are employed by the Metro municipality and have conditions of employment which contains a disciplinary procedure. Make sure that a charge is laid at the Director of that Department so that the officer is investigated in terms of his conditions of employment. This MUST be followed up in order to give effect to a disciplinary tribunal. He has the opportunity to state his case there (as with the criminal case) in terms of the labour law.

The law is there for everyone. Metro officials left no stone unturned during the festive season to curb down on the public for traffic related offences. They are subject to the same laws and we must see that is executed.

[/quote']

Windbreaker: you're 100% correct, Mc Bride's is still under criminal investigation. Even if the Ekhuruleni Municipality does not charge him, he/ his case is in the open and ordinary people feel a little vindicated. In my humble opinion, the other option is we "rant and rave" on this forum 'till the blue thunder appears, accept that we lost before we tried (anything) and ride our bikes off into the sunset... and chalk this one down as another 'stat'! Viva!!!
fourbar2007-02-06 04:41:06

Goeie nuus om te hoor jy is okay bro!

On the rant of crime...

Opening a case is the right thing to do but a waste of time unfortunately.

A while back some random criminal stole my credit card. I tracked the bastard down, got him on video surveillance, got his phone number, address.. linked him to other cases etc.. all without the help of the police.

Well even if they wanted to track down this idiot they wouldn't have been able to, because they don't have computers on their desks and for this one you need a PC.

I compiled a comprehensive document outlining all the evidence etc. It has now been a month they haven't done a thing. Thats after I gave everything to them on a plate. All they had to do is arrest the mother fSC3#$#.

Fsck#@# ridiculous.

I have done some work with law enforcement from other countries and if you just see their commitment and loyalty towards their country and you compare it to our country you have to laugh. For them it is an honor to protect and serve their country over it is just eish!

I suppose he's still getting a monster salary while he's suspended as well?

Maybe even more than that dirty judge who was caught driving pissed?Angry Can't wait for the budget speech to see how they will spend our money this year. What has your 25/35/40% done for you this year?

Man with no name2007-02-06 06:14:46

Hey Barend, wow not pleasant, hope the muscles aren't too sore. Must have been quite an unexpected shock!! Sorry about the bike man, Good excuse to upgradeWink

Really glad Barend is ok' date=' as others have said, bikes can be replaced, lives cannot.

Anyone know what happened, what kind of road was it and was he just hit straight from behind?

Cruxie, please tell Barend if he wants to take it to the press I now have a very good and sympathetic reporter at Beeld.

[/quote'] IanJ,

Barend's Dad already called Beeld, and they came out to the accident scene whilst the guys were still there and had a chat to them.

We'll see what they publish tomorrow...

If the government doesn't intervene of course!!!

Cyclocross is starting to look very appealing' date=' but then again you will propably get run over by Fauna & Flora park ranger or something on a dirt road.[/quote']

Never underestimate the locations that a mini bus taxi can find it's way into...............

[/quote']

Quite right....the one thing these monkeys cannot spindoctor is a forensic investigation into the actual incident.....

glad to hear barend is ok.

its a shocking thing and even more shocking that probably nothing will come of it and it will all be denied.

just glad he is ok.

Beeld

?n Jong fietsryer van Pretoria is lig beseer toe ?n verkeers-beampte van Noordwes hom gisteroggend van sy fiets af gestamp het en daarna gedreig het om hom te arresteer.

Mnr. Barend Burger (19) s? hy en ?n ander fietsryer, mnr. Jaco Ferreira (29), het gisteroggend om 07:20 in DF Malan-rylaan in die noorde van Pretoria gery toe die voorval plaasgevind het.

?Ek het net ?n slag gevoel, my wiel het gebars en toe val ek na die linkerkant van die pad. Gelukkig was daar nie motors agter my nie, want hulle sou dalk oor my gery het,? s? hy.

Burger s? ?n verkeers-beampte het stilgehou, maar hy het die skuld op hulle probeer pak. ?Hy het ges? ons mag nie hier ry nie, want dit is die Mabopane-hoofweg.?

Ferreira s? die verkeers-beampte het gedreig dat hy hulle kan arresteer omdat hulle op die hoofweg ry.

?Ons het vir hom ges? dit is nie die hoofweg nie.

?Ek het sy nommerplaat geneem en hy het ook sy naam en telefoonnommer vir ons gegee,? s? Ferreira.

Burger s? hy is baie kwaad omdat die verkeersbeampte hom gestamp het. ?Ons het al die padre?ls gehoorsaam en het lank voor die tyd aangedui ons gaan reguit aanry.

?As iemand anders my gestamp het, was dit dalk nie so erg nie, maar ?n verkeersbeampte? Hy moes seker darem bietjie gekyk het.?

Volgens Burger is sy fiets sowat R45 000 werd. Dit is nou s? erg beskadig dat dit vervang moet word.

Hy het gister die voorval by die Pretoria-Noord-polisiekantoor aangemeld.

Mnr. Steven Malatjie, die verkeersbeampte wat Burger glo gestamp het, en sy senior was gister die heeldag in ?n vergadering en kon nie met Beeld praat nie.

Insp. Paul Ramaloko, polisiewoordvoerder, s? die polisie ondersoek die voorval.

Glad to hear B that Barend is ok.

I hope you have a lot of accident free km's on your new bike.