Metro Police run down TCS rider!!!!

Cruxpearl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighten up, Spinnekop!

Sure, the posting is headed "Metro Police run down TCS rider!!!!".  So that means the policeman concerned headed out with the express intention of running down a TCS rider.  Not some guy in a solid colour cycling jersey, not some guy in Discovery team gear or even somebody in brand new Microsnot MTN colours but specifically a TCS rider.

I did not say the cyclist should have been there, I was just hoping that maybe, perhaps a little calm could prevail.

Fcukit, I am a petrol head as much as I am a pedal head, but when I view a post on a motoring forum claiming that cyclists are too slow and should be kept off the road I don't let that go either.

Like it or not, each story has at least two sides.

Just to make it absolutely clear I will spell it out: I am not saying that Barend should not have been there, and I am not "supporting" the Metro cop either.  Last time I checked this was a web forum, not judge, jury and executioner.

Those who weren't there should not be shouting the odds.  This was

an ACCIDENT' date=' regardless of who was (more) to blame.  Accidents happen.

[/quote']

I have no words for people like you.

Spidey, it seems like some people will only learn when they get to be on the recieving end of and "accident"...

I am sure Barend agrees, we should get a verbatim quote from him while he's at the police station. Mind you, he's probably there to offer his apology to the good officer of the law this very momentLOL

Sorry, but your naivety cracks me up. He's really a good guy and I can only imagine that he's badly shaken up. I agree, he must lay a charge against the MP guy, only if it is to raise awareness within.

Speedy recovery brad, hope you get your six soon!!

Hey all

Lets just all say thank you that Barend and Kakaa are ok... We all know a bike is replaceable but a life is not.. All we can do is hope and prey that this ends soon as getting upset is not going to stop it..

And Crux it is great to have a team manager like you as I am sure it is a huge relief for Barend not to have to worry about what bike he is going to ride tomorrow... THANK YOU!!

Jissem julle!!! Dis Crappy!!!!

Barend, goed om te hoor jy's ok, en dat jou fiets nie 'n problem is nie!!!

Hey all

Lets just all say thank you that Barend and Kakaa are ok... We all know a bike is replaceable but a life is not.. All we can do is hope and prey that this ends soon as getting upset is not going to stop it..

And Crux it is great to have a team manager like you as I am sure it is a huge relief for Barend not to have to worry about what bike he is going to ride tomorrow... THANK YOU!!

Some wise words........Thumbs%20Up

I'm very glad to hear my buddy is okayThumbs%20Up I considered joining them on their ride this morning, but I still had to put a new chain on my bike, as my chain had broken on Sunday -  Seems it was a little blessing in disguise. Hoop jy's gou weer terug op jou nuwe masjien Barend!

Sorry to hear this bad news!!!Dead ...But I'm glad he's ok!!!

Barend if you can't come right with that system six...I'll organize you a good deal on a MadoneBig%20smile

Barend - glad to hear you're ok!  Sad to hear your bike isn't!! 

Also in PTA - was out cycling this morning and got the usual barrage of hooting, middle fingers etc.  This is becoming ridiculous.

'll organize you a good deal on a MadoneBig%20smile

heeheehee' date=' as Crux told me "Over my dead body"
[/quote']

no problem with C'dale , told MwNN at the protest ride it a nice bike he has, but , if I wanna ride something else , nobodys gonna tell me what to buy or not to buy, it better be a very good motivation to make me ride something that I didn't want.

Of course Cervelo - and that R3 remains a very naaaaais machine. And those Trek's of the meat boys are beautiful bikes, especially with those Bontrager deep sections and, of course, the Force gruppos.

Anyway, moving on swiftly, don't want to be accused of hijacking a crime related thread...Wink

Really glad Barend is ok, as others have said, bikes can be replaced, lives cannot.

Anyone know what happened, what kind of road was it and was he just hit straight from behind?

Cruxie, please tell Barend if he wants to take it to the press I now have a very good and sympathetic reporter at Beeld.

Crux: Check that the file with the SAPS does not disappear. The Investigating officer should have regular contact with you/ Barend. This is a criminal matter(alleged RECKLESS/NEGLIGENT DRIVING) and a matter that has relevance on the code of conduct of the officers. They are employed by the Metro municipality and have conditions of employment which contains a disciplinary procedure. Make sure that a charge is laid at the Director of that Department so that the officer is investigated in terms of his conditions of employment. This MUST be followed up in order to give effect to a disciplinary tribunal. He has the opportunity to state his case there (as with the criminal case) in terms of the labour law.

The law is there for everyone. Metro officials left no stone unturned during the festive season to curb down on the public for traffic related offences. They are subject to the same laws and we must see that is executed.

If you need more advice, pm me.