Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Ek kyk duidelik soos my gat. 

My wife keeps telling me the same. Clearly there's a trend going on here.

Next time I ride Banhoek I'm taking a rifle. Gemsbok steak is my favourite meal. If I ever get offered a last meal, that will be it.

Eland steak is better. just saying, so maybe you just "saw" what you were supposed to see?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DJR said:

Eland steak is better. just saying, so maybe you just "saw" what you were supposed to see?

Eland carpaccio so tender it melts on the tongue. Had that in Tsumeb in 2017. 

As I was typing I was thinking Eland, but I love Gemsbok as well. It makes Kudu taste pedestrian.

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

You need Mega Skills for that. I'd Fall Flat on my face.

Rollers alone and I'm dodgy. Chew gum also and I crash. Add a pistol and I'll probably shoot myself in the leg.

On 1/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, NickGM said:

Yip I'd also like to know more about this and saw the same horrific photo and messages. I live very close to that area and ride that road often. I'm always a little skeptical of stuff forwarded around on whatsapp; it's just human nature to forward on dramatic stuff without thinking too much about it. So if anyone has any info about and apparent (rather brutal) bikejacking on Blaauwklippen road on the morning of Saturday the 13th Jan....

On 1/16/2024 at 2:38 PM, bleedToWin said:

Hearsay, but from reliable sources it is being confirmed as reported. Early morning attack with maximum violence by two individuals. I'm also really hoping for more info. How do you prepare for unprovoked violence of such a nature? 😱 
Apparently there is a growing fund for any info that would lead to arrests.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:38 PM, Zebra said:

…would like to contribute, to that fund, if anyone has a link? Makes me very angry - not simply the stealing of someones bike, but the violence that goes along with it - shocking.

Chris

Maybe just some more info on this.

An elderly gentleman (71) was attacked on Blaauwklippen Road on Saturday morning 2024/01/13. He saw a guy with a hoody standing in the road as he reached the top of the Stellenrust farm climb. He couldn't turn around and decided to ride into the attacker. He was then thrown off his bike, hurt his shoulder very badly (think he broke his collarbone), and was then hit with a short type of panga in the face - across his cheek and nose. He lost consciousness at some point. Two coloured guys attacked him and stole his cellphone and bike.

Another rider about 20-30 meters behind him saw the 1 attacker standing over him. At this point the victim was unconscious, lying face down on the tar. SAPS and an ambulance were called. SAPS didn't come. A case with Stellenbosch SAPS was opened.

We've assisted SAPS where we can and made some good progress on the case. It seems like the attackers came from Jamestown (neighborhood a few hundred meters from the attack). We can share some more details once the attackers have been found. We've also reached out to a lawyer to assist with compiling the docket etc. as we want to push for attempted murder.

PHOTO-2024-01-16-15-19-10.jpg

Edited by M L

2 hours ago, M L said:

was then hit with a short type of panga in the face - across his cheek and nose (..) stole his cellphone and bike.

f*ing oxygen thieves, I wish them the worst.

Good on you, hope they're caught and convicted for attempted murder 

Rider or motorcyclist down at bottom of Glastonbury Drive (Bishopscourt)?

Ambulance and ER24 on site at above location, this am, and security says a bike went down / was hit a car in the corner?

Does anyone know anything about this; or was it a motorcyclist?

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Uhmmm ....

Rower.jpg.6eb7840f8e25d738037b130a9d9b509a.jpg

Published by Ilze-Mari Van Zyl on January 22, 2024
 2157  70

The body of a suspected mugger was discovered today after members of the South African Police Service (SAPS) returned to the scene to locate a stolen phone.

Alderman JP Smith, the City of Cape Town’s Mayco member for safety and security, says a group of hikers were being led along the Pipe Track on Sunday when two muggers confronted them.

The tour guide attempted to protect the group by spraying the assailants with pepper spray, after which the two took off running.

Today, police returned to the scene after one of the stolen phones was traced to the area where the incident occurred. ‘It was discovered that the mugger had fallen off the trail along with some of the stolen possessions. At the time of his discovery, no vital signs were present,’ says Smith.

He adds that the cause of death will be investigated by SAPS

11 minutes ago, guidodg said:

probably the hiker will now get charged with attempted murder😵‍💫

Also see that coming. Guide will be charged.

My reaction is haha! 😆 Need more happy endings like this.

Hopefully common sense prevails with the "investigation" (unlikely, in this country).

i think he will be, but he was defending his and the guests life (if they had a weapon its life threatening) and in he's case he has witnesses,

so yes he will(probably) be charged, but not necessary found guilty for murder ... atleast in my limited understanding of these things work

Edited by Meezo

53 minutes ago, Meezo said:

i think he will be, but he was defending his and the guests life (if they had a weapon its life threatening) and in he's case he has witnesses,

so yes he will(probably) be charged, but not necessary found guilty for murder ... atleast in my limited understanding of these things work

Sadly may end up being a costly business before being found "not guilty" ....