Would you recommend Q rings

fandacious

What is the hubbers take on Q rings?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is the hubbers take on Q rings?

• Yes - I ride them and they rule
    • Yes - I've heard good things
    • No - I ride them and they dont help
    • No - I've heard bad things

OB - Anton Oberholzer... doesn't use a HRM or anything... adds too much weightBig%20smile

TNT12007-04-16 10:06:04

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price is not too bad, I think I will have to look in saving up and getting me a pair and see how they go.

Who can I contact when I have got the bucks?

Thanks

Oh!! his lsb got a call while on the ride from one of his mates with him that he was dropping them all. they called them an unfair advantage and ordered a set.

Call Leigh at Sweat and Gears 0114251152. He did the damage!!! He also riding them

OB - Anton Oberholzer... doesn't use a HRM or anything... adds too much weightsmileys/smiley4.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

I hope OB got a discount on his rings, because I've only ever seen him in the big one. smiley36.gif

OB has some great weight-saving techniques. He pioneered the removal of the headset pre-tension bolt, which is unnecessary once you've tightened your stem. And who needs the screws that adjust brake cable tension? Not OB   smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

But remember its not all about the weight!! as you will see when he rides and only in the big blade that says it all.

The power loss on lifting th chain is one thing' date=' but what about power spared when the chain drops off the back of the q-ring again. Thats when you have gravity working WITH you. If you factor that into yoru calculation you'll find a very small NETT difference...[/quote']

Hello everybody! This is Pablo form Rotor <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Spainon>, I am aeronautical engineer and I have personally developed all the Rotor's products.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ivan invited me to response this physics? issue about energy losses being the chain every moment up & down. But in fact the answer is right here above (thanks Fand). All that energy in the chain is gained again when it comes down.

In physics, you can put everything in a black-box and see what in coming into and coming out. If they are different then you have not considered the heat (coming out). I can assure that the chain and Q-rings do not take more temperature than round rings do.

You can make a rude test: spin your cranks with round rings, turning back with the chain engaged and see how many turns the can spin until they stop due to the friction.

Then make the same with the Q-rings? and it seems just the same? friction in the BB, in the chain and in the hub.

Best regards,

Pablo CarrascoonName>

Thanks Pablo,

good explanation.

In most dynamic situations, friction losses are amongst the greatest losses that need to be overcome.

• 3 months later...

Faniefiets got QRings last week and can't stop raving about them. That was the final straw. I phoned Francois @ Worcester Wheelers and ordered mine this morning. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll be able to give some feedback

Well done Fandacious. That took you a few months!!!

I must apologise for the lack of stock. We have been restructuring the business and setting up finances etc took some time.

Stock should be here tommorrow and then wait for customs to clear.

Good choice My apologies again.

New Cranks and BB are in this parcel to

F, your feedback is not going to mean bogger-all to me, you need a PowerTap / meter to meusure any improvmet in Power Output, so Phone Adrian while you are on a spending spree and buy a PowerTap prontoWink

What? Surely my uber scientific " Ummm i think it maybe feels different" feedback will make everyone rush out and buy them? Actually I hope not. If it does make a huge improvement, then why would i let everyone else know? If everyone is going to get better, then I might as well not spend the money and we can all stay on the same level Tongue

Op hierdie oomblik nie, want daar is altyd probleme met shimano en campag. Team Discovery en Astana het toetse gedoen (ek dink) en ek weet Rotor is besig om te praat met 'n span. Die koste is omtrent ?500 000.00 om 'n span to kry sonder stock.

Daar was a paar van die nuwe stem gebruik in die toer maar ons wag om te se wie dit gebruik het.

As one eitse se dan soek die ryer en span compensation en so aan en soo aan