Lance to do the Cape Epic

Joobs

Guest colonel

If Armstrong wins the Epic I shall be forced to slit my wrists and puncture my tyres Dead

I will pass you my knife after I am done but it wont count if he has to buy a win with his/theres/our or whichever way he goes about it cancer foundation money.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he is going to twitter BS about Burry when Burry beats him??
Burry is a awesome and very talented rider' date=' but to compare him to Lance.. smiley36.gif Lance will destroy burry without breaking a sweat.[/quote']

Hmmm.... on a not so technical course maybe. Dont underestimate Burry or any of the top mtbkers capabilities.

Will be quite interesting to watch for sure. But then remember it's not like Lance don't have technical skills, Leadville have a one or two relatively technical downhills from what I have read, and he also did won other mtb races before Leadville, and it's not like the Epic is really that technical. I would say other mtbers like Burry stands a MUCH better chance on a XC world cup course, than something like the Epic.

The Epic route and format would suit LA more than it would suit Burry or the other top mtbkers, LA can handle a mtb for sure but I dont think he is as good as Burry and Co on the real technical stuff

Burry also used to race DH at National level in SA before he started SPECIALIZING in XC

so you're aware of my talent then....

I wouldn't bother trying to keep up with you, that's for sure. Lance might be a different story though...

If Armstrong wins the Epic I shall be forced to slit my wrists and puncture my tyres Dead

You sure take this seriously?? hope you have tubeless, tyres are expensive, and slit down, not across

You sure take this seriously?? hope you have tubeless' date=' tyres are expensive, and slit down, not across
[/quote']

Tubleless tyres are heavy and un weight weenie like. I run nice light standard foldable tyres like Karmas, Race and MTN King SS's. Ralphs and Freds are also nice and light.

Touch wood against my next puncture. Any advice on cutting equipment I hear stanely knives tend to bunch the skin up and make it tear. I prefer a ncie celean job. 

Racer' date=' you can always use those el cheapo minora blades, they are sharp as hell. [/quote']

Better still I could stick both hands through a meat saw, problem solved. To be honest I would rather the Poser, (..cough..arm..cough...strong...) went through the grinder.

Racer' date=' you can always use those el cheapo minora blades, they are sharp as hell. [/quote']

Man goes to the library and takes a book on suicide.

The librarian looks at him and says "hey wena, who's gonna breeng this book beck?"

Unfortunately Burry cannot "win" in a situation like this - If he beats la, then it's only because la is actually a roadie trying out his legs at MTB. If la wins then his demi-god status will be upped a level or 2 and Burry is useless for losing to a roadie and a 38 year old roadie at that.

Guest colonel

Who has been out the sport for 3,5yrs doing it for cancer......

Who has been out the sport for 3' date='5yrs doing it for cancer......[/quote']

I wonder what colour his helmet will be.

Just imagine the comparison by the normal oke on the street having done the Epic "can you believe it LA did the Epic in 32 hours and I did it in 60. If I did double the training I could've been a pro!" :-)