This has to STOP!!!!

Cruxpearl

Can someone explain how the "report" button works?

Can't we simply tally the amount of 'reports' that are listed for a certain person?

Or can this be abused?

What about a log-on option then - requiring a certain amount of legitimate information before being granted access?

I am always nervous about giving out too much info on the web - but would be willing to do just about anything to get the Hub back to how it was...

It's very sad, and very frustrating - that this entire forum is being ruined by a few individuals...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewep die trant van jou laaste post is soos petrol op die vuur. Dit tick mense af en hulle gaan jou dan gas gee.

Jy eien jouself die reg toe om mense name te noem en hulle gaan daarop reageer.

Miskien kan die mods met jou begin na die post. Miskien kan hulle van jou 'n voorbeeld maak

sorry I missed the sex blog thread, but I was a contributer to the "don't block my sunshine threads"  mostly because someone kept on hijacking his own threads to brag about is not so substantial acheivements, and make ill-educated, derogatory and plain stupid remarks about cycling and everything about it.  (and also he posted some longwinded self congratory articles he wrote)

sorry, if I am being derogatory in anyway, or am attacking anyone particular. No offence meant.

KonaFan2007-05-29 08:51:12

Admin, read the Hub logo - it says the center of "Cycling" in SA. I am not against cycling related chit-chat no matter how distantly related to cycling or the cyclists, but we should maybe check what the "fall out" of new hubbers is as a result of the nonsense that gets posted. I certainly have noticed a degeneration since I joined and this was only March 2007. Maybe it's just me, but I find there seems to be less cycling related and more stirring related (and that's putting it mildly). I certainly will not hang around for more than another month if the current trend of more trash than information or sense prevails. We also need to look at what the Hub is advertised as on other websites and whether it is fulfilling that role.

Just look at the way many new hubbers join briefly and stirr and insult etc from the word go. How & where did they hear that this was acceptable at any stage. Many say that we cannot censor etc and quote free speech etc etc. For heavens sake this is not a model of democracy and utopia - it's just the flippin hub! Terminate rule violaters (I mean remove from the Hub of course) after a "pm" warning or two. 

Anyway just my 2c!Big%20smile

Oh and a new rule suggestion - you can only stirr with Big H after you have been here one month.LOL
racman2007-05-29 08:54:29

Ewep die trant van jou laaste post is soos petrol op die vuur. Dit tick mense af en hulle gaan jou dan gas gee.

Jy eien jouself die reg toe om mense name te noem en hulle gaan daarop reageer.

Miskien kan die mods met jou begin na die post. Miskien kan hulle van jou 'n voorbeeld maak

ag boela, asb. ek dink ewep se way van dit stel is baie snaaks(ek sal nie moer s? nie, netnou is fatty & the mods op my)LOLLOLLOLLOL

Ag ou boela, dan moet hul maar so maak. Maar lees ook my post mooi. Die ouens wat ek noem post d laaste ruk vandat d nuwe lot is al minder (dit sluit jou in!).

As for me being slow, yes I am, but does that take away my right to voice my opinion?

En cervelo, jong ou boel, ons is langer vriende as wat jy op die Hub is. En hy weet hy's n poepol!

Nick, jou arrogante houding staan baie min mense indien enige op die forum aan, ek vir een sal nogals my hand opsit as daar gevra word of jou komentaar en inset afbrekend en negatief is op die forum en of ons sonder jou gesanik kan doen... Jy eien jouself die reg toe om alles en almal (especially CSA en Vrystaat fietsry) te kritiseer tot einde niet, en kry eenvoudig nie end daarmee nie...

I'm not really in favour of cencorship, but would like it if everyone has one ID/name only. A lot of the new people coming on and cause sh*t is people registering a new name cause they to scared to do it on the old name.

Guest Michelle

As far as I'm concerned if you're not willing to make a comment against your ACTUAL name then it shouldn't be said. 

Mich, jy gaan nog steeds 'n paar narre kry wat Piet Pompies insit vir "Real Name" - Besides, ek het die fight gemis, so ek weet nie waaroor Crux so omgekrap is nieShocked.

Mark Keohane's site went through a similar process, and the result was that for new people to register, they had to provide valid email addresses that were then verified. This reduced the ability of peope to hide behind aliases and get too out of hand.

Keo's site was getting quite out of hand, similar to the current state of the Hub, and the requirement for an email address seemed address some of the issues.

Ultimately though, the responsibility rests with us, the Hubbers to take this fantastic forum and self-moderate it. Admin has a great thing going here, and it would be a pity to see it ending up like so many other forums. It is not often that cycling gets a voice that people listen to - let's not waste it.

Guest Michelle

As far as I knew you had to verify your email address in order to post on the Hub or am I wrong? Ermm

Guest Big H

I posted this on a previous post "Whats happening?" It still stands"-

Exposing the double names is a bit of a problem for admin I think...... a messageboard exists on hits, advertising and number of subscribed users. Deleting the double handles will be a major administative task and the favourite handle might also be deleted. I have been clean on that issue for a looong time now and would really not mind having the old adages deleted. That may be a good thing to do to clean up the board..... give the administrators the authority to delete double posters after a email warning..... wife and husband may be using the same IP address?????

On the off topic issues..... that is why we have the non cycling related topic called CHIT CHAT. This is like a soapbox where non-cycling issues can be related. Cyclists are intelligent open minded creatures and not all cyclists think chains and wheels all the time.... most have brains and think and discuss other issues as well. Modder as al waaraan jy dink fietse is bly weg van CHIT CHAT af. Moderators should also have the authority to move a topic to the related thread. New users or absent minded users may sometimes post a Rugby related issue un "THIN WHITE LINE" Heaven forbid that happening because the full wrath of "real cyclists" will decend on this poor person. I

It is funny how direct moral issues wake people up and sometimes makes them to reflect...... could it be a issue of a guilty conscience.... if that is the case it serves its purpose. Funny how the BULL BO!!!! posting is now a thorn in the side ..... maybe of all the non BULLS fans. THIS IS A DEMOCRATIC messageboard is it not!!!!!!!!

Added: I still feel that postings like the Jaco T-shirt has value and we should not fall into a CYCLING ONLY website. We all think, debate and argue..... that is good too. There should be a balance to everything.