This has to STOP!!!!

Cruxpearl

As iemand beledigend of vulger raak' date=' gooi gou n poll en laat die hubbers stem oor die ou se destiny. 'n Rookie se stem kan 1 tel, dom 2, champ 3 etc.

Skors hom dan vir 'n periode, of erase hom permanently!

Computer programmers kan enigiets doen!
[/quote']

The is the best one so far..Bann a  user for lets say 7 days(depending) on the cicumstances....with atleast one warning before doing so. It really works! Trust me..Im currently banned on another forum....for ten days..just because I bumped a thread!! And some other minor sh*t.....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except get my motor vehicle license renewed!!!!!!

Ek dink as mense hul eie name' date=' in plaas van skuil name, en 'n foto van hulle self, in plaas van 'n avatar gebruik, al bogenoemde probleme uitgeskakel sal word

Ek is heeltemal bereid om myself aan almal bekend te stel

Maar nou ja dis my opinie, baie mense mag van my verskil

[/quote']

mmmm  the reason i did not use my "real" name is because of the weirdo's out there... you never know what/who is lurking around - so when i initially signed up i did not want to take any chances.

I just feel that  to sit and judge each other," i am better than you because ". etc. etc. belongs  in primary school - voice your opinion by all means, but verbally abuse and attack ... come on!  take it behind the bicycle shed rather LOL(pm eachother or better still... be really brave and face each other at the next race).

my 10 cents worth..Smile

well said Bobbie Clap take it behind the bicycle shed LOLLOL I like that !!!

Except get my motor vehicle license renewed!!!!!!

I can't do everything Confused

Wink LOL

I will admit that my mouth does tend to run havoc on this website and for the most part i can be just plain rude and vulgar. I promise to moderate my content in future.

There is no excuse for my slandering, it's just rude, my apologies in advance.

Smile

Ian J' date=' I agree the CHIT CHAT Forum should become a standalone forum totally dedicated to chit chat. Those who do not know this is what Chit Chat means in Afrikaans and ienglieshe.

gebab?bel, babble, prattle, gossip, chatter, prate, rattle, chat; cackle; confabulation, gabble, jabber, patter, chit-chat; clack.

gepraat?, talking, talk, tattle, chit-chat, prate.

wywepraatjie ~praatjie, (-s), chit-chat, gossip; old wives' tale.

chit?-chat, gebabbel, gepraat, gesels(ery).

I posted this before and that exactly describes what chit chat is about. Moderators should have the authority to move misposted topics here. Velouria you then wont have to sift through the mindless babble of people less superior than thou!!!!!!!

Hallo Big H

ek stem saam ek het aangesluit op die hub en 'n klomp k@k kwyt geraak, soveel so dat ek gister deur Miss V uitgehaal is by 'n bike shop

Ja ons moet so nou en dan 'n klip in die bos gooi en hoor of 'n hond tjank maar daar is mense op die hub wat met 'n hand vol klippe in alle windrigtings gooi net om te kyk watse comments hulle kan kry en dan is dit nie op bouend vir fiets ry nie maar dit breek ons beeld af.

Dus as ek iemand te na gekom het of af gep1ss het vra ek omverskoning, hierdie is ons HUB waar ons ons probleme met mekaar bespreek en uitsorteer ons het nie nodige om persoonlik te raak en mekaar persoonlik af te breek nie 

[/quote']

This all seems pretty juvenile to me. Granted tackle the issue and steer clear of personal attacks but if a post offends you, pm the the post initiator and ask them either to explain or remove it before running to admin. Then if you are still offended ask admin for action deletion/warning.

When this forum 1st started (ambush marketing on other sites admin Wink) with Linnega, Widget, BigH, King Compass,  there was always intelligent debate, and when the TDF was on the posts while in conflict  were always carried out in good nature (Irish vs Swissvan springs to mind)

As for aliases it i see nothing wrong them, some are are quite humerous and some Hubbers choose to remain anon.

This all seems pretty juvenile to me. Granted tackle the issue and steer clear of personal attacks but if a post offends you' date=' pm the the post initiator and ask them either to explain or remove it before running to admin. Then if you are still offended ask admin for action deletion/warning.

When this forum 1st started (ambush marketing on other sites admin Wink) with Linnega, Widget, BigH, King Compass,  there was always intelligent debate, and when the TDF was on the posts while in conflict  were always carried out in good nature (Irish vs Swissvan springs to mind)

As for aliases it i see nothing wrong them, some are are quite humerous and some Hubbers choose to remain anon.
[/quote']

scotty for President, Admin and Moderator!!!!

scotty, I'm not!!!  As the time went along I made a lot of very good friends on the hub.  But the general karma changed.  Why stop being naughty (some might say vulgar)?  Why stop people taking each other on?  BUT, we should do it in a nice way!!!  The Hub is going the same route as cyclingforum.com where a few okes messed up the fun for everyone!

The nature of forums allows individuals to hide behind pseudonyms and post whatever garbage he or she feels like espousing. Unfortunately it's not a phenomena unique to The Hub.

My recommendations would include:

a. Appoint more Moderators and assign moderators specific forums to look after in their field of expertise ie Racing, Technical, Training etc. (Maybe through a voting procedure). This then takes the pressure off the few Moderators that are currently doing a sterling job.

b. Allow the Moderators the right to "ban" Hubbers from posting in certain forums for e.g. if xyz continues to post meaningless topics under the Racing Forum, ban him/her, but still allow them to post under chit-chat. (don't know if the software allows that)

c. Clear up the database of existing members. What percentage of the

currently registered +- 2500 members are active ? If a member hasn't

posted in 6 months, delete the profile.

d. Then confirm existing members email addresses but do not allow emails address such as hotmail, msn, gmail etc.

e. Finally, before a new hubber is allowed to post, he/she has to confirm their registration details by return email, again not using hotmail, msn etc.

My R 0.02c

Admin, I think it would be easy to eliminate people with several aliases if you change the registration so that a person have to supply his personal detail, name email and so on when registering with an option to display it publicly or not, but visible to the Admin. That way you can control that each person have only one registration. If a person get out of hand or the rest complain about that person you can contact that person directly to sort out the problem. Also I think you should remove all inactive users after a set period.