Fatal Oudshoorn accident

capeofstorms

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The driver needs to pay for what he did!!!!

I hope the only surviving rider makes a full recovery.

the above site shows related incidents and it can bring a chill to you. they say we can judge a society on how it treats its animals, i say we can judge the state of ours on the way we treat our roads. we cant go on allowing the slaughter of innocents daily. it terrifies me as to where it is going *shudders*

Guest Big H
Spoke to a Corne Bence - Chairman Southern Cape Cycling- who was on the scene. It happened in front of him. He said the driver disobeyed all traffic rules. He should be charged for murder.Condolences to the families and loved ones of the cyclists that were killed.

Why has he NOT been charged with murder...... that should have been done immediately if there was eyewitness accounts!!!!!!!

This is truly SAD news. I wish the family of the cyclist and the driver and his family strengh in this dificult time. Even though it might be his fault, I'm sure he didn't wake up this morning and dicided to take out a group of cyclist. How many times don't we overtake somebody on the road and don't take a chance by doing so, because we dont have the patience to wait for 30 seconds before over take someone when it's safe to do so. Tryly a SAD, SAD day.

This is the really really sad!!

My condolences to Family & Friends of the deceased!! May they RIP!

My best wishes also to the family & friends of the injured cyclist. May he/she make & complete and speedy recovery!!

Honour to the riders who passed on.

Strength to the rider in hospital.

Compassion to the driver whose error cost so so much.

Spoke to a Corne Bence - Chairman Southern Cape Cycling- who was on the scene. It happened in front of him. He said the driver disobeyed all traffic rules. He should be charged for murder.Condolences to the families and loved ones of the cyclists that were killed.

Why has he NOT been charged with murder...... that should have been done immediately if there was eyewitness accounts!!!!!!!

The driver has been charged

the driver should be charged with reckless and negligent driving and culpible homicide.

precedent in a recent case in cape town is that he should get 2yrs behind bars and his license suspended.

but lets be mindful of the fact that many drivers take stupid risks everyday. this is not uncommon.

Really horrible news, its the worst cycling accident I've heard of.

The danger of drivers blinded by the rising sun scares me a lot when I'm in that situation on a bike.

Condolences to the families, very terrible.

Condolences to all whose lives have been affected by this tragedy.

To everyone else out there on the roads, please take extra care.

the rising sun should scare, its the arrogance of believing in the right to overtake when visibility is poor.

This is truly SAD news. I wish the family of the cyclist and the driver and his family strengh in this dificult time. Even though it might be his fault' date=' I'm sure he didn't wake up this morning and dicided to take out a group of cyclist. How many times don't we overtake somebody on the road and don't take a chance by doing so, because we dont have the patience to wait for 30 seconds before over take someone when it's safe to do so. Tryly a SAD, SAD day. [/quote']

Well, I make a point of making sure I can see the whole distance I need to overtake before I go, so no, I don't really do it.  I don't overtake on blind rises or blind corners and I don't care if you sit behind me and flash your lights for me to pull over, because if it's unsafe to do so I won't. Why?  Because of accidents like these.  It's just not worth it.

Do you guys remember why the Argus bike race was started?  Mabe this is a very sobering reminder of that during this the week of the Argus.

What a horrible day.  Condolences to all the families and friends.