Fatal Oudshoorn accident

capeofstorms

This is really terrible news, my condolences and thoughts are with the families in this time of need.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, Life is precious (and short)!

Make the most of it....you never know when your last day on this planet will be....

Thinking of those loved ones left behind who have to pick up the shattered pieces and carrry on...

really sad to hear about cyclist in oudtshoorn' date=' and its always a week before the argus when sh#t like this happens.

Just yesterday one of our cyclist got taken out by a NAVY vehicle with no reg plates in front of simonstow SAPS!!! Ended up with broken arm and torn shoulder muscles. Worst part about whole situation was the traffic officers(cct registered vehicle) on the scene let the bas#*rd go. We then took fotos of their registrations and of them, then one officer still shows us the finger with both hands. And these are the guys that 'suppose' to protect us on the roads....
[/quote']

Report the officers and take it up with the MEC concerned, please.

it is a terrible helpless feeling I have on this Monday morning, that this kind of horror will continue unabated while we watch. our roads really have become warzones and i cant seem to see a solution. it is a decay that is coming from a society living with no idea of the fact that our actions have consequences, and only a global moral and true leadership can adjust this. it terrifies me. sorry to rant, that wasn't an indictment of anyone in particular, just a vocal plea to whomever, globally, lets sort ourselves out. 'The world is a fine place and well worth fighting for'. 

RIP and condolences.

Life is short. Very short. It is also very prescious. Let us remember that and enjoy our lives while we have them to enjoy, but let us also remember to never take undue risks that could take another life.

Really sad dayUnhappy makes me scared to go on the road, condolences to all affected once again, i really hope the fourth cyclist makes a full recovery

Really horrible news' date=' its the worst cycling accident I've heard of.

?

The danger of drivers blinded by the rising sun scares me a lot when I'm in that situation on a bike.

?

Condolences to the families, very terrible.

?

?

?

?

?
[/quote']

With you on this one Joe Low. This is also the worst I've ever heard of. Very very sad news. RIP.

Arnie

Please take the matter up with the authorities and also radio stations such as Cape Talk to keep the pressure on them to fully investigate the matter.

Just heard that the 4th cyclist has died in Hospital whilst in theatre!!

Man this is so Sad!!!

Arnie

?

Please take the matter up with the authorities and also radio stations such as Cape Talk to keep the pressure on them to fully investigate the matter.

We did get the 2 traffic officers vehicle registratioons as well as pics of the officers who let the guy go. We are in the process of reporting to the authorities and to track down the actual driver who caused the accident.

RIP and condolences.

?

Life is short. Very short. It is also very prescious. Let us remember that and enjoy our lives while we have them to enjoy' date=' but let us also remember to never take undue risks that could take another life.
[/quote']

Beautifully said. Sad times for families and friends of all.

This has got to be the saddest day in cycling for South Africa. It was not nice to logon this morning and this was the first topic under "active topics".

I think that motorists should start being held acountablefor their actions.

Driving into the sunrise/sunset is no excuse for not seeing other road users. If a person knows that they will be caught on the roads at sunrise/sunset or that there might be a possibility thereof, then they should make sure that they have the correct eyewear to help them see better during these times of poor visibilty.

Whenever I go on roads that I know are infamous for heavy mist/fog then I take my yellow sunglasses with as it helps in these conditions.

This tjop should be hung out to dry and be made an example of. Unfortunately he cannot be charged with murder, as the law describes the act of murder as a premeditated act, which this not, but he should still get the maximum sentence that the law can impose on him.

My deepest sympathies go out to the families of the fallen ones. RIP