Fatal Oudshoorn accident

capeofstorms

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the driver should be charged with reckless and negligent driving and culpible homicide.

precedent in a recent case in cape town is that he should get 2yrs behind bars and his license suspended.

but lets be mindful of the fact that many drivers take stupid risks everyday. this is not uncommon.

The driver was only charged with culpible homicide.DeadDeadDead

Agree with everyone that this is another very sad day!

What is also very sad is watching the attitude of many cyclists in their cars to and from events, the N2 from Knysna to Cape Town after Oyster festival being a classic example. I personally believe until the whole country has a change of attitude towards the law we will keep seeing these threads. Can't even recall anymore how many cyclists I see on the roads without helmets and riding abreast on public roads!

Absolute tragedy, what a terrible and unnecessary accident. Condolences to all involved.

I would also wear a black armband, if enough of us do maybe we can generate a media response and get some sort of message across to the public.

What is also very sad is watching the attitude of many cyclists in their cars to and from events' date=' the N2 from Knysna to Cape Town after Oyster festival being a classic example. I personally believe until the whole country has a change of attitude towards the law we will keep seeing these threads. Can't even recall anymore how many cyclists I see on the roads without helmets and riding abreast on public roads![/quote']

cannot agree with you more Mr Mulebar.

Anyone know how the fourth rider is doing?

If I'm blind, drive a car (!!!) and hit someone, what will happen to me? If you overtake and can't see, what's the difference????

Isn't it time people tackle the law so that there's a difference made between a genuine accident and stupid, reckless, risk-taking?

If you feel intimidated by this - don't.  Keep going out there, and take your friends, and their kids...  The more people who cycle, the better chance we have.  The more kids who cycle, and keep cycling, the more likely there'll be better drivers out there with us...

meanwhile, just be careful

peace

I have just been looking at some photos of the deceased, and those people in them were all avid vet cyclists. Interesting how close a story can hit home, if there are faces to the names.

I will be wearing a black armband as well.

What is also very sad is watching the attitude of many cyclists in their cars to and from events' date=' the N2 from Knysna to Cape Town after Oyster festival being a classic example. I personally believe until the whole country has a change of attitude towards the law we will keep seeing these threads. Can't even recall anymore how many cyclists I see on the roads without helmets and riding abreast on public roads![/quote']

Read on thread that he pasted away whist being operated on.

What is also very sad is watching the attitude of many cyclists in their cars to and from events' date=' the N2 from Knysna to Cape Town after Oyster festival being a classic example. I personally believe until the whole country has a change of attitude towards the law we will keep seeing these threads. Can't even recall anymore how many cyclists I see on the roads without helmets and riding abreast on public roads![/quote']cannot agree with you more Mr Mulebar.Anyone know how the fourth rider is doing?

The fourth rider has also passed away.

Read on thread that he pasted away whist being operated on.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry

truly a sad day for cycling

Condolences to family and friends. A black day for cycling.

The driver of the car was blinded by the sun but still overtook? So if it was a farm tractor or 50 ton Scania coming the other way?

Condolences to family and friends. A black day for cycling.

The driver of the car was blinded by the sun but still overtook? So if it was a farm tractor or 50 ton Scania coming the other way?

well put