Contador Bad sportmanship ?

Ovenboi

interesting...

"Stephen Roache says Schleck made a mistake, attacking in wrong gear. Came unstuck. On attack, so Contador NOT in wrong to continue on."

"@Vaughters The point, in my opinion, is that Andy causes his mechanical trying to change gear in a steep hill. That's a real error"

i agree... like i said earlier.. puncture yes, brake a chain yes, but drop the chain when attacking??? strangely he didn't seem to be shifting when it happened.. hard to tell... Damn SRAM!!!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what an ignorant statement. Think before you type

Ignorant?! You don't know me. And unlike you, I don't call people dickwads, you sanctimonious prig.

I support neither Schleck nor Contador, but after yesterday's wheel sucking, Schleck did yellow no honour - so why does he deserve respect now?!

interesting...

"Stephen Roache says Schleck made a mistake, attacking in wrong gear. Came unstuck. On attack, so Contador NOT in wrong to continue on."

"@Vaughters The point, in my opinion, is that Andy causes his mechanical trying to change gear in a steep hill. That's a real error"

Interesting comments indeed, but with chainwatchers and modern equipment you would expect that to be an unlikely event. Still, it says something about Contador.

Ignorant?! You don't know me. And unlike you, I don't call people dickwads, you sanctimonious prig.

I support neither Schleck nor Contador, but after yesterday's wheel sucking, Schleck did yellow no honour - so why does he deserve respect now?!

Not sure how much you've raced a bike, don't know you as you've pointed out to WH, but what you type is definitely naive as far as racing tactics are concerned.

Ya, and if you look at wheel sucker Schleck's attack, AC was sitting in the middle of the group when he jumped - Schleckette wasn't exactly being sportsmanly himself.

Life sucks, chains drop, c'est la vie.

If you LOOK closely Andy ALSO attacked from the middle of the pack with AC sitting behind him, AC is suppose to watch the yellow all the time, Andy's attack was perfect!!!

Please explain something to the noobs on the sit aka me . What happened? whats the unwritten rules? :blink:

If you LOOK closely Andy ALSO attacked from the middle of the pack with AC sitting behind him, AC is suppose to watch the yellow all the time, Andy's attack was perfect!!!

Andy was on the side looking in at where AC was, he saw AC was in a more compromised position, AC's fault, admittedly.

Why is no one mentioning Andy's sportsmanship for the other number one contender on the cobbles stage when AC broke a spoke?!

6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other.

Not sure how much you've raced a bike, don't know you as you've pointed out to WH, but what you type is definitely naive as far as racing tactics are concerned.

Naive?! I took my first SA licence in '94, and run top 5 VA in Gauteng, occasionally - I'm no hero but not naive.

And how many people here have European-level pro experience?

Andy dropped his own chain - had he punctured or had another mechanical failure beyond his control, then things might be different. Over and above that, AC also had Sanchez and Menchov gunning up there, both good enough TT'ers and climbers for him not to ignore. The latter statement is not to say AC didn't contribute significantly to the attack.

Either way, tomorrow AC is gonna have to watch his butt - Andy is out for revenge. It'll be interesting.

I can't understand roadies, you break a chain everybody says you need to wait up, some dude falls breaks bones and bleeds all over the road, its acceptable to cycle on?

Andy was on the side looking in at where AC was, he saw AC was in a more compromised position, AC's fault, admittedly.

Why is no one mentioning Andy's sportsmanship for the other number one contender on the cobbles stage when AC broke a spoke?!

6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other.

Naive?! I took my first SA licence in '94, and run top 5 VA in Gauteng, occasionally - I'm no hero but not naive.

And how many people here have European-level pro experience?

Andy dropped his own chain - had he punctured or had another mechanical failure beyond his control, then things might be different. Over and above that, AC also had Sanchez and Menchov gunning up there, both good enough TT'ers and climbers for him not to ignore. The latter statement is not to say AC didn't contribute significantly to the attack.

Either way, tomorrow AC is gonna have to watch his butt - Andy is out for revenge. It'll be interesting.

As I said, I don't know you, but your idea's are certainly different.

speaking of style, WTF is up with AC's shades?

Someone should tell him the 80's called and they want their cycling glasses back

Too true, they are the wackness.

I do not for a moment believe AC if he claims he broke a spoke and had to cycle with buckled rim and thats why he lost time. What happened to his team car/mechanic with his spare bike? His team mates would have fallen back after bike exchange and paced him back to the peleton.

But then again, I'm just an ignorant chop who never raced Elite/at top level, and as such knows nothing about racing/team tactics/cycling ethics....

Contador did nothing wrong. He was right to attack his main rival when he dropped his chain. Tomorrow I hope he has the nuts to attack during Andy's nature call or possibly in the feed zone. Contador should maybe get Vino to deliberately crash into Andy (Schumacher style) and then he should attack.

After all, when you've hit rock-bottom amongst your peers it's not like you can sink any lower.

Guest Big H

Not only is it bad sportsmanship but there is also an small amount of fear and cowardice creeping into his silly decision to attack. The yellow jersey is sacrosant when it is "down" Who remembers when Armstong went down after snagging a bag ...... Uhlrich took charge and forced the peleton to wait.

Contadrol is a coward.

Contador did nothing wrong. He was right to attack his main rival when he dropped his chain. Tomorrow I hope he has the nuts to attack during Andy's nature call or possibly in the feed zone. Contador should maybe get Vino to deliberately crash into Andy (Schumacher style) and then he should attack.

After all, when you've hit rock-bottom amongst your peers it's not like you can sink any lower.

...now thats nasty hey.

Not only is it bad sportsmanship but there is also an small amount of fear and cowardice creeping into his silly decision to attack. The yellow jersey is sacrosant when it is "down" Who remembers when Armstong went down after snagging a bag ...... Uhlrich took charge and forced the peleton to wait.

Contadrol is a coward.

What an expert comment!!! You mean Contador had to chase Menchov and Sanchez to tell them to wait??? You missing the plot as always!!!

And remember his name is Contador NOT Ulrich .... Did anyone wait for LA on the cobbles when he had a puncture??