Contador Bad sportmanship ?

Ovenboi

What a knob! I thought not having a personality is one thing, but being an opportunistic prat is another thing, the wheel turns. Hope Andy can get his **** together and let his legs do the talking. The peleton will offer AC no favours from her to Paris.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an expert comment!!! You mean Contador had to chase Menchov and Sanchez to tell them to wait??? You missing the plot as always!!!

And remember his name is Contador NOT Ulrich .... Did anyone wait for LA on the cobbles when he had a puncture??

LA wasnt in yellow... it is the same as attacking the yellow jersey in a feed zone.

As I said, I don't know you, but your idea's are certainly different.

Each to his own.

I was neutral towards Andy and was a bit anti-Contador until they started that rubbish yesterday.

The onus was on Contador to take the yellow from Schleck yesterday, but Andy did the MJ no honour by coming to a near halt behind Contador while Sanchez and Menchov rode away. Hence my lack of sympathy for him when he dropped his own chain today.

Tomorrow will either be a great stage or a complete anti-climax. This tour looked so good on paper but hasn't had me on the edge of my seat like some previous editions.

OMG you guys are going over the top on this do you even remember who won the stage. Its over there is nothing we can do about it. but it was uncool.

It was a cowardly move. Contador knew he had nothing else. But Im sure the other riders will make it known. And I hope karma bites him in his ass soon.

Should he have waited? 'Probably he should, but on the other hand you could ask whether Schleck's yellow jersey chances are hampered by this more than, for example, Thor Hushovd's challenge for Green was by Cancellara's crafty neutralising of stage 2 to benefit the Schlecks. What goes around comes around?'

Its a dissapointment for me to, I didnt think it was cool.

Someone did mention that there are some hungry lions just 2 minutes back in the general classification and that the race is far from over, a bit catch 22.. Yes you dont want to be a doosh, but you also dont want to losethe thing all together, I mean appart from all the perfectly holy people who would have done the right thing... winning a tour vs bad sportsman .. an easy choice of course. If I grew up poor like Conto, I think you take the money and is it so wrong?.

Dry your tears

Its 10 seconds, even stevens...Andy more hungry than ever..race on!!

Jip, hot topic. I would have liked Contador to wait, so that they could fight it out like men. But then again, when we race, each one is racing on his own (SRAM) bike, which is part of the parcel. If it fails, you cannot wait for the other one.

Would have been better for Contador to not attack, but just cycle on until Andy got going. As it is, he was showing some panic stations, and work to get the most out of the other's misfortune.

And if it happens tommorrow to Contador, I promise you, Andy will not fall back and wait.

Like someone said, bring the popcorn... :rolleyes: :D

Guest Big H

What an expert comment!!! You mean Contador had to chase Menchov and Sanchez to tell them to wait??? You missing the plot as always!!!

And remember his name is Contador NOT Ulrich .... Did anyone wait for LA on the cobbles when he had a puncture??

Talking about missing the point KlapperKnob..... Armstrong was not in yellow on the cobbles, nobody had to wait for him. Sanchez and Menchov is more than two minutes behind. They would not have made any difference.

Talking about missing the point KlapperKnob..... Armstrong was not in yellow on the cobbles, nobody had to wait for him. Sanchez and Menchov is more than two minutes behind. They would not have made any difference.

Spot on. AC showed his class today...low class, eish.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Please show me the rule, where it states, that when a rider falls behind, cos he got a puncture, had a bit of a lie down, pee pee or chain comes off, they have to stop? Please, I want to see this.

He is not breaking the rules, he is just taking part in a….wait for it….RACE/TOUR. So please, don’t tell me that it’s a gentleman thing to do. It wasn’t Contador’s fault Andy’s chain came off, really, he shouldn’t be paying for it.

This is all about tactics and team work. For a change, the tour is actually way more interesting for a non roadie to watch.

Now just because it’s not going the way as predicted, and the riders didn’t cross the line holding hands…the poor guys is a coward.

I also say that nobody waited for chavanel, who was in yellow, when he changed his bike twice on the cobbles. So because he is not a so called main contender/favourite, he is excluded from the rule? So where do you draw the line regarding gentleman rules? Why not neutral the whole tour and just sprint for the finnish.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Please show me the rule, where it states, that when a rider falls behind, cos he got a puncture, had a bit of a lie down, pee pee or chain comes off, they have to stop? Please, I want to see this.

He is not breaking the rules, he is just taking part in a….wait for it….RACE/TOUR. So please, don’t tell me that it’s a gentleman thing to do. It wasn’t Contador’s fault Andy’s chain came off, really, he shouldn’t be paying for it.

This is all about tactics and team work. For a change, the tour is actually way more interesting for a non roadie to watch.

Now just because it’s not going the way as predicted, and the riders didn’t cross the line holding hands…the poor guys is a coward.

I think everyone agrees that is is an unwritten rule, not hard and fast, remember last year when the yellow jersey got attacked in the feed zone at the Epic? Trek Brentjens were not the most popular, they came fourth! Same thing here. I am a MTB'er and could care less about roadie rules and politics, this is down to sportsmanship nothing elese. Besides this is exactly what Le tour needs, some needle in the pack. Go Andy!

I also say that nobody waited for chavanel, who was in yellow, when he changed his bike twice on the cobbles. So because he is not a so called main contender/favourite, he is excluded from the rule? So where do you draw the line regarding gentleman rules? Why not neutral the whole tour and just sprint for the finnish.

Thanks Dude, I'm sooo with you on this one.

From what I saw Contador was riding back to Andy. Then Andy made a basic error of changing gear under pressure. Why must Contador now lose his rhythm to wait for Andy's error? Yes if he had he would have been considers a gentleman - but lets see if it actually make any difference on by Sunday! But he certainly was not attacking the yellow jersey - he just did not slam on brakes to wait!

Looking at the guys Contador was with at the top of the climb and considering he was not doing match sprinting tactics with Andy he did wait but could not let the other go! Think about that guys. He certainly did not do all the driving down the climb!