Logwood Bike Haven

Thompson

thanks oily one, you're right: he's a really good kid, as is his elder brother. said it elsewhere on the hub: don't live for them, live through them. anyone p1sses you off at work tomorrow, just say "ah, nuggets". just used that when i told my boss i'm not going back to work tomorrow cos i wanna spend more time with them both. it worked. had her in stitches!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a technical glitch, Geoff was not able to post - so he mailed me this response to post on his behalf:

Hi Hubbers,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Bruce asked if I wanted to respond to the forum link he sent.

I was the guy this woman dealt with. She phoned during the week and asked how much for a party hire and I told her standard entry rates apply, that we don?t charge extra. She asked do we have braais. I said yes. She asked can she book one for Sunday and I said sure, and there was a R30 reservation fee. I also asked her what time she planned coming as he said she wanted to ?make a day of it? and she said about 11am. So I told her to save her R30 because nobody started using them till 1 or 2pm.

She asked is it ok to bring her own stuff, I assured her it was. She asked can she drive to the braais and I said no, but there was a gate out front of the Clubhouse that she could load in through and it was a very short carry. We?ve done this for lots of folks having kids and grown up parties.

Upon arrival she told another group who were having a braai that they could not braai because she had booked the ?Picnic Area? including all the tables and chairs.

After I?d broken that up (the other folks wanted no part of the discussion and didn?t say a word, had a very nice time and were a pleasure to have there), she started in on me that she wanted all the tables and chairs. I explained that wasn?t possible. She said ?I?ve made a booking!!!!!!!? and I explained that there were 3 braais and these folks were only using 1 which left 2 if she really needed to use that many (each braai can cook 10kgs of meat at once). Her next question was ?well where are we supposed to sit? . There was plenty of room outside so I suggested at an empty table if there was one open, failing that how about a picnic blanket (like most folks having picnic parties do) do or failing that on the grass.

By the 3rd time repeated through this series of questions from her with the same answers from me I asked her if she had been smoking crack or was just not listening to my answers. I actually said to her that I was getting rude in my replies now but that her shouting wasn?t going to make the solution different. The Clubhouse was packed at the time, so there should be 15 ? 20 people who also heard this take place (some of them must be Hub members)

Her take on the situation was that I should toss the folks who were in the Recovery Zone out for her. I?m sure she thought this was an appropriate response as she didn?t sound like a loony on the phone but I could see she was very stressed out right then and there. I explained that if the Recovery Zone was closed we may as well close the trails too, and that wasn?t going to happen.

She just left mid sentence at this point????

If this sounds purile to you it does to me to. I dislike drama and carry-on so much I don?t even watch TV. I?m sorry this lady misunderstood whatever she misunderstood. Logwood Bike Haven does not rent out to anybody for the sum of 15 entry fees (we don?t charge for non riders, just the bikes).

I would like to think that of all the commercial operations in SA Cycling, we put a little more into our riders and the sport than most. We are proud of what we do, but I confess to having a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth after this. Given the number of people we see every week I guess its inevitable that someone is going to be unhappy or misunderstand what we do, especially a non cyclist who has never been to Logwood before.

I?d like to thank all the folks who bothered to say something nice and supportive to me after this particular unpleasant interaction.

Geoff the Aussie

Sounds like someone could have a vested interest in Logwood if you ask me.....

Listen pal' date=' stop sniping from behind your pseudonym, identify yourself and say what you want to say loud and clear. It is easy to acuse me from your hiding place. If you think I have a vested interest in Logwood you better produce some evidence before speaking your mind.

Let me make my standpoint clear. Someone came on this public forum and made a one-sided claim which was clearly hearsay. I pointed that out. He or she then admitted that and left the argument for the alleged aggrieved to sort out.

If you don't understand the mechanisms and rules of public debate, stay out of the kitchen.

[/quote'] ...FTL?Delgado2007-08-20 13:13:34

Whoa ............ was the venue booked for a birthday party of 25?

Could we hear Logwood's side ........

.......... you see - and I've never been to Logwood, don't know Geoff the Aussie either. From the East Rand where we get the sun first and leave you lot with the left overs!!

I'm a human and I've met a few others so I think I know there's allways 2 sides to every story!!

Hmmm...

Must say - seems that what we had here was a misunderstanding, with one side thinking they were entitled to more, based on telephone conversations, and the other side safe in the knowledge that more was never offered, based on the same telephone conversations...

Party - kids - dashed expectations = tension.

Tension equals colourful words.

And if you don't mind me generalising here - but a bike riding, tatooed Aussie is bound to express himself more colourfully than a housewife/mom might expect...

I can actually imagine the exact same scenario happening with my wife, who can certainly get hot-headed at times - and I can sympathise with BOTH sides of this unfortunate event, since miscomunication happens rather easily...

Don't really think blame can be placed either ways here - both seemed to contribute...

Thanks to those who went to the effort to allow Geoff to respond.

Guess its now up to all of us to decide what to make of this...

That being said - if ever anyone tries to arrange things telephonically with Logwood again, be very specific about your questions, and make sure you understand each other.

That generally helps....

nope, this man Pd a couple of people off over time it seems. This lady and others have seen the end of this man's rudeness. Unacceptable!

Thanks to the forum for allowing me to air my grievances. Surely in time the bad taste in my mouth will disappear. I know in the acting world they say break a leg for good luck, i'm not sure what it would be in this case, so many happy biking hours to all of you

Hmmm...

Must say - seems that what we had here was a misunderstanding' date=' with one side thinking they were entitled to more, based on telephone conversations, and the other side safe in the knowledge that more was never offered, based on the same telephone conversations...

snip, snip, snip.....

That generally helps....
[/quote']

I think your summary of the situation and personalities is spot-on. It does take two to tango and when you do tango with a tattoo-toting MTBing Aussie, wear safety boots.

cool! maybe you should take them up to northern farms sometime. or look out for the sprogs races. a fun ride at one of the races may be a good idea too.

Hmmm...

Must say - seems that what we had here was a misunderstanding' date=' with one side thinking they were entitled to more, based on telephone conversations, and the other side safe in the knowledge that more was never offered, based on the same telephone conversations...

Party - kids - dashed expectations = tension.

Tension equals colourful words.

And if you don't mind me generalising here - but a bike riding, tatooed Aussie is bound to express himself more colourfully than a housewife/mom might expect...

I can actually imagine the exact same scenario happening with my wife, who can certainly get hot-headed at times - and I can sympathise with BOTH sides of this unfortunate event, since miscomunication happens rather easily...

Don't really think blame can be placed either ways here - both seemed to contribute...

Thanks to those who went to the effort to allow Geoff to respond.

Guess its now up to all of us to decide what to make of this...

That being said - if ever anyone tries to arrange things telephonically with Logwood again, be very specific about your questions, and make sure you understand each other.

That generally helps....
[/quote']

+1

what do you mean? like all the mudslinging and name-calling? can i put the popcorn on? wolfie, chutney spice?  

Guest Michelle
the kids love it although one day i returned to the clubhouse when someone told me my youngest was crying his beaut blue eyes out. when i got there he told me that geoff had threatened to ban him from the park' date=' cos he had been scratching a little hole in the sand. geoff said it was against the rules and there was a sign on the wall saying he shouldn't. "but, dad,"my son wept, "i can't read yet..."[/quote']

OMG!!!  I hope Geoff the Aussie fool rots in hell!!! Shocked

what do you mean? like all the mudslinging and name-calling? can i put the popcorn on? wolfie' date=' chutney spice?  [/quote']

LOL Seems like a good time for a hijack...

Never had the gumption to try out all those wierd flavoured salts that they have at the movies, you know, that you can add to your as-of-yet-unsalted popcorn...

Am I missing out on much?

Would attempting the bizarre take my movie experience to an entirely new level?

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Am I an idiot for actually hijacking a thread with such a ridiculous question?

Does anyone care?

Does anyone still use the word "gumption"? 

Oh wait - Michelle just waded in... Tongue

[And then D-R...]

Don't think its over yet....

Alas.
RodTi2007-08-21 03:53:06