The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my 12 year old on his first Looong ride yesterday .... 82 km....

Went up Smits Winkel ..... showed him the tree as a marker for the top .... next thing he stands and just goes... i think he hit 25 km an hour for that last piece.... got to the top and cleated out ( first day with cleats) and fell the other way .....

In 6 months he gonna ride away from me ... already just about outclimb me on the steep sections. did the same think last week up Llandadno (hit 20 km on the last section with takkies)

Just love spending time with them out on the road ... and trails and track

Now just to get my daugter to ride with fairy wheels  ......

Took my 12 year old on his first Looong ride yesterday .... 82 km....

Went up Smits Winkel ..... showed him the tree as a marker for the top .... next thing he stands and just goes... i think he hit 25 km an hour for that last piece.... got to the top and cleated out ( first day with cleats) and fell the other way .....

In 6 months he gonna ride away from me ... already just about outclimb me on the steep sections. did the same think last week up Llandadno (hit 20 km on the last section with takkies)

Just love spending time with them out on the road ... and trails and track

Now just to get my daugter to ride without fairy wheels  ......

oopps Typo ..... Should be WITHOUT .... :thumbup:

Took my eldest (9) to B-Spot at Bloemendaal .... essentially a pump track.

He did rather well in my mind and was tough enough to get up after the inevitable falls, walk back and do the sections again.

We did a couple of laps and it was just awesome.

post-5403-0-93026800-1423484435_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-06393000-1423484468_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-08531800-1423484496_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-99308100-1423484519_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-97844100-1423484524_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That went fast.....got my son a balance bike for christmas,on his first ride on it he was already scooting along with his feet up.

At the end of January we had a family gathering and my sons nephew wanted to ride my sons paddle bike and I had to take of the training wheels for him.About an half hour later we were very surprised to see our little guy peddling around on his bike without training wheels or help from us.

Started taking him out to old BMX course in the veld behind our suburb.post-54774-1426101128,8552.pngpost-54774-1426101144,4307.pngpost-54774-1426101165,6998.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, were can I buy a Half Wheeler in Western Cape?

Try any Giant dealer, it should be in the shop catalog.