The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

Oeg saw a horrible thing at the Bundu Bash this weekend. Dad had his duaghter on a yellow seat thingy on his bike, sitting behind the handlebars all snug and looking forward to the 20km when her foot went between the fork and wheel - she screamed like hell. Not nice.

Sho!!!

but saw them finish and she looked OK

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden g-spot with my laaitie on the yellow star seat. All the way from the top he repeatedly shouting: "This is fun, this is fun. Pappa, bietjie rof ry." When we got home, he said "nog fiets ry"... OK, turn around, back to the top of g-spot we go (fortunately, we live only 500m away from the trail). Awesome time for both of us.

or the Feva star seat. Your 11 month old will be too young for this, but I started riding with my laaitie when he was 18/20 months old. He turned 3yrs old and we're still using it. He knows that he needs to "hou vas!" going down single-track. http://www.fevafoam.co.za/index.php/shop-v

The great thing about the Weeride Kangaroo Carrier is that there's no need for him/her to "hou vas" in case you hit a bump and throw him/her over your handle bars - it has a full harness so they are securely strapped in and even a cushioned support for their head, in case they decide to catch a nap on route.

The great thing about the Weeride Kangaroo Carrier is that there's no need for him/her to "hou vas" in case you hit a bump and throw him/her over your handle bars - it has a full harness so they are securely strapped in and even a cushioned support for their head, in case they decide to catch a nap on route.post-12382-0-21941700-1433175423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joji

• 1 month later...

this is how we roll these days.

bike seat for kid A - tick

borrow grannies bike trailer for kid B - tick

make granny pedal it - optional

post-1830-0-87827800-1438593645_thumb.jpg

the trick now is finding suitable/safe places in the southern suburbs to do this!

Not much forward momentum but one hell of a ride for me...

My youngest popped in to give some team support at the CHOC 100Mile Cadence ride last Friday.

post-12909-0-49689200-1438601691_thumb.jpg

@Shebeen - that's Mr Barnes next to us, pushing out a bazillion watts!

Edited by Ryanpmb

@Shebeen - that's Mr Barnes next to us, pushing out a bazillion watts!

doesn't he have 4/5 kids?! would like to see his setup getting them all on wheels

My little dude is turning 2 in a couple of months and he is getting a Balance bike for his Bday. He freaks out about bikes so it’s a super proud dad over here. I would like to “play” with him when he gets his bike so I was thinking of getting a new toy for myself as well. I only want to use it to jump pavements, little ramps and cycling the little paths in the estate with him.

Would you guys recommend a jump bike or a BMX for myself?

So after one month of riding with training wheels, they're off! Snapped it from the word go, thanks to a JD Bug balance bike he had for over a year. #prouddad#nowthefunstarts!

attachicon.gifInstagramCapture_4481f3ac-6f0c-4f67-87e3-eb199edd50a6.jpg

Great stuff,awesome to have the little ones wanting to do what mom and dad does.My son also took to it like fish to water.Now you guys can start enjoying the trails together.[emoji106]

Took the 'kids' for a walk/ride tis afternoon.post-54774-1439234801,834.jpgMy son showing me how he "broke his ankle" when he took a tumble.post-54774-1439235091,0113.pngCouldnt keep myself from laughing at this nonsense he came up with.[emoji23]