The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm, yea, how do I give you the good news ....  :whistling:  

for the next 3 or 4 years it is a bike every 12 to 15 months  ..... not sure if it gets much better after that.  :eek:

I now need to get the cash together for another bike for Maritz .... and the 24'' is in MINT condition !!  Upgraded rear hub, 8 speed, trigger shifters ... 

ha ha, i know. some of those were plastic bikes...eventually they will be "plastic" bikes!

have bought second hand, refurbished and repainted/customised along the way.

https://www.decathlon.co.za/1201-scooters?page=2&q=0

Go to decathlon. Very good scooters at half the price.

didn't know we had decathlon!! although being cape based i'll have to take your word for it and ship

ha ha, i know. some of those were plastic bikes...eventually they will be "plastic" bikes!

have bought second hand, refurbished and repainted/customised along the way.

didn't know we had decathlon!! although being cape based i'll have to take your word for it and ship

I went to all the stores that sell these scooters and even went to view some proper freestyle scooters. The decathlon ones where better than the Sportsmans ones and come pretty close to the pro ones.

I went to all the stores that sell these scooters and even went to view some proper freestyle scooters. The decathlon ones where better than the Sportsmans ones and come pretty close to the pro ones.

this thread has always produced good insight!

would you recommend the ones with cable brakes or is that just more to go wrong?

this thread has always produced good insight!

would you recommend the ones with cable brakes or is that just more to go wrong?

The cable brakes are useless and he wont be able to do tailwhips  :whistling:

Got my 7 yr old this one https://www.decathlon.co.za/p/8352945_mf-one-2016-freestyle-scooter-red.html#/430-254-

Very good freestyle scooter. Compares well with the R3000 pro scooters we looked at.

Package ordered wed 11am, arrived cape town 8am.

will now have to wait for the actual birthday on sunday to test it out.

got to say, the bang for buck looks really good from Decathlon. threw in a few extra goodies and i'm impressed on first impressions. got a bike section too, will keep an eye out.

Package ordered wed 11am, arrived cape town 8am.

will now have to wait for the actual birthday on sunday to test it out.

got to say, the bang for buck looks really good from Decathlon. threw in a few extra goodies and i'm impressed on first impressions. got a bike section too, will keep an eye out.

You can be glad they don’t have a physical shop on your side. It’s worse than builders where house. Walk in to buy the laaitie rugby shorts and walk out with the whole shop. Their water bottles are great

• 2 weeks later...

Bloemendal has a stunning new pump track for the little ones.  :clap:

the old track, and the re-build -

and now the new track -

• 1 month later...

Didn't know if I should post this in recent purchases or this thread. Got some new Carbon wheels for the little monster.

Gonna go out to the bike park(weather permitting) this weekend so will have some more videos to post.

post-42431-0-59813900-1575371555_thumb.jpeg

post-42431-0-27275800-1575371567_thumb.jpeg

Hazendal Family Bike park now offers free entry for ADULT permit holders of Tygerberg and Bottelary when they bring their kids to ride at Hazendal.  Kids must buy a permit even if they are Tygerberg or  Bottelary members.

post-4890-0-61244700-1575375185_thumb.jpg

post-4890-0-36974400-1575375214_thumb.jpg

Edited by dirtman

Hazendal Family Bike park now offers free entry for ADULT permit holders of Tygerberg and Bottelary when they bring their kids to ride at Hazendal.  Kids must buy a permit even if they are Tygerberg or  Bottelary members.

R50 per kid for the day ?

What trails have been put in place for the adults ?

R50 per kid for the day ?

What trails have been put in place for the adults ?

If it's anything like uitsig bike park then the price is fine.

You can be glad they don’t have a physical shop on your side. It’s worse than builders where house. Walk in to buy the laaitie rugby shorts and walk out with the whole shop. Their water bottles are great

I

Love

Decathlon

If it's anything like uitsig bike park then the price is fine.

Which is why I am asking.

We started cycling at Hazendal before the revamp and the new pump track.

We KNOW they have done a lot for the kids.  BUT, previous feedback offered little for adult riders ... dont know if this has improved.

And since we have Tygerberg club cards we have multiple other tracks to ride .... So Hazendal really needs to offer something exceptional for BOTH kids and adults to warrent the cost.  IF they do, well then I will gladly pay it.