Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen to hear your feedback on the surly fork

It'll get its first run on Thursday, to work and back. I'll let you have my thoughts. On my old 26er SS I had an Exotic carbon fork, so that'll be my point of reference.

It'll get its first run on Thursday, to work and back. I'll let you have my thoughts. On my old 26er SS I had an Exotic carbon fork, so that'll be my point of reference.

I'll look out for you on my way home! I'm seriously thinking about one of those carbon rigid forks from rapide...

I have nothing else to compare my KM fork to but it is not a hard ride and feels like it absorbs some bumps and stuff.

I have nothing else to compare my KM fork to but it is not a hard ride and feels like it absorbs some bumps and stuff.

To the guys riding a Cotic Single - is there a bolt thru option for the rear axle? I find that if I lock up the rear on hardpack, the wheel has a tendency to shift slightly. But its enough to get the wheel touching the frame on the non drive side. I have had the best results so far, with one of those chrome QR that normally come on cheap imports & indoor trainers. Suggestions?

To the guys riding a Cotic Single - is there a bolt thru option for the rear axle? I find that if I lock up the rear on hardpack, the wheel has a tendency to shift slightly. But its enough to get the wheel touching the frame on the non drive side. I have had the best results so far, with one of those chrome QR that normally come on cheap imports & indoor trainers. Suggestions?

You need a tug nut, or two.

Something like this...

post-12909-0-58154100-1414759682_thumb.jpg

or this

post-12909-0-12079400-1414759705_thumb.jpg

Grant Usher at Sprocket and Jack might be able to help with the latter...