Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

So just got some feedback from bikes and saddles in cape town..they don't bring it in, boo

Seems if we want it, we will have to go to the interwebs

Ja.

Well maybe we must pluk a plan.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chain tension sorted, went for the 'magic' gear option (1 tooth up on the back)!

post-271-0-07541000-1382527137_thumb.jpg

do you have any slack in that chain and do the cranks spin freely if you spin them back by hand.

I used to run a tightish tension on the chain and later learnt that a bit of slack gives a far better ride feel with less friction in the drive train and runs silently

do you have any slack in that chain and do the cranks spin freely if you spin them back by hand.

I used to run a tightish tension on the chain and later learnt that a bit of slack gives a far better ride feel with less friction in the drive train and runs silently

It does have just a little but it being a new chain I'm hoping there will at least be a little bit of 'settling' in if not stretch? It spins back 'ok' .....

Thinking on building myself a Titanium 29er SS. Currently riding a 26er Aluminum and I'm hooked. Where can I find value for money frames and what make do you recommend? Or is steel the way to go?

Thinking on building myself a Titanium 29er SS. Currently riding a 26er Aluminum and I'm hooked. Where can I find value for money frames and what make do you recommend? Or is steel the way to go?

Ag lekker man.....jis its a great problem to have. Ti is lekker light, with the same smoothness of steel but apparently some flex a bit too much. Steel is heavy but moer strong and also old school

what is your budget for the frame if I may ask?

Ag lekker man.....jis its a great problem to have. Ti is lekker light, with the same smoothness of steel but apparently some flex a bit too much. Steel is heavy but moer strong and also old school

I yet have to swing my leg over a TI frame that rides as well as some of the top steel frames.

To be a purist it's gotta be steel :devil: . On One got special on the steel Inbred frames now I been told .

About R10k. Also love the old school feel and look of the steel. This frame is really nice post-14677-0-38729900-1382597475_thumb.jpg

The reason I am in this situation is because I torn my ligaments and can't train or do anything until the end of the year :wacko: But on a positive side, I will be saving a lot of cash