It's geat to be alive...and mountain biking!!

L.T.G

So, it's been hectic at work all year, but this last month especially has had me taking a bit of strain......

Thank God for Mountain biking and Van Gaalens!

Had the most awesome ride this morning , nothing hectic, just 30kms .. from the farm up the concrete road, back down through the piece I call "the valley of waves", along the railway line then under the road again till Oom Piet and back along the River trail at a nice 20kmph.

I could not stop smiling!!!

I felt so awesome!

I love riding and I Love my bike!

just had to share!

PS if you do ride there after a bit of rain, rather cross over the road at the end of the railway trail , the low 1.3m tunnel is a bit eroded, the mud makes it very difficult to get through and didn't smell the greatest, I'm sure there's a little poo :blush: being washed into the tunnel.

enjoy the weekend!:thumbup:

I share some lekka joy with you, man.

Entirely focused on road racing, I dusted off my MTB, inflated her tyres and went on a gentle ride following local trails.

Listened to some sweet tunes on da iPod and just spinning without thinking about effort levels.

No measurement of cadence, no focus on training goals.

Just pure cycling!

:thumbup:

Glad you had a good ride!

Even though roadie is my main focus I also did a nice two hour mtb ride this morning! Great to have a relaxed ride off the road!

yeh end of season means just fun cycling, also took the MTB and did the spruit and discovered delta park. 3 hours of didling around and just having a good time

I share some lekka joy with you, man.

Entirely focused on road racing, I dusted off my MTB, inflated her tyres and went on a gentle ride following local trails.

Listened to some sweet tunes on da iPod and just spinning without thinking about effort levels.

No measurement of cadence, no focus on training goals.

Just pure cycling!

:thumbup:

I hear you :) I actually chucked away the cadence speed sensors, heart rate monitors etc. I done care how fast i went, how far I went and what my heart did. As long as I am tired as hell with a smile on my face at the end of a day in the mountains.

Weird, you don't ride a Morewood Zula per chance? Sounds near identical to the ride we had at vG on Sat morning, including the stupid grins. Was a perfect ride.

VG is a nice place to ride, took my partner there on Friday, skipped work a few hours early (after all, why have your own business if you can't do that once in a blue moon, not everything in life has to revolve around other people!), she really enjoyed it and saw there is more to mountain biking than just the rocky roads of Magalies she sometimes rides with me! Got a meeting on Thursday at Harties but I have scheduled it in the afternoon so we can go again!

Weird, you don't ride a Morewood Zula per chance? Sounds near identical to the ride we had at vG on Sat morning, including the stupid grins. Was a perfect ride.

Haha, unfortuanitly not, I have a Silver Anthem X my brother is the only one spoiled enough to have a Zula with all the bling. Always said MTB'ing is 25 gear, 25% confidence, 25% skill, 25% sheer insanity :) a recipe for a perfect ride.

Left work early on Friday and disappeared to GibaG, it was misty but as humid as heck and the ground was damp... what a ride! Was with 2 great mates and we just sat at the restaurant after a 2 hour thrash grinning and sipping on some cold ones...

Priceless!

had a decent time at tokai. except for the 3 f'cktards who decided to climb up a northshore ladder and then proceed to ride up the track, but actually expected me to drop all anchors and wait for their sheer stupidity to play out. Just f'awesome intelligence at work. Does the going up rule apply to tracks u obviously CANNOT f'ing all ride up? Way 2 go plebs.'

other than that, had a good time :)

Had a big scare on Wednesday night, thought I was having a heart attack. That was ruled out but then a suspected clot going to the lung ..... fortunately it turned out to be an inflamed 'inter costal' muscle!

Back on the bike yesterday and today easy, can't wait for 24hr solo this weekend :D :thumbup:

Had a big scare on Wednesday night, thought I was having a heart attack. That was ruled out but then a suspected clot going to the lung ..... fortunately it turned out to be an inflamed 'inter costal' muscle!

Back on the bike yesterday and today easy, can't wait for 24hr solo this weekend :D :thumbup:

24 hous in a saddle talk about bunz of schteeeel.