Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

17 minutes ago, ouzo said:

actually the plan IS to move down there

Then you will hardly cycle. Its mostly windy here.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

very p'd off with myself.

My bike has taken me nowhere this week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday had to be at the office at a sparows fart

Wednesday - check the weather, to windy

Today - check the weather, to windy.

I should have just ridden, its only a head wind in one direction.

Rest of the week looks like crappy cold weather, so I think I'll have to climb on the IDT again for a few days.

When you say 'look at the weather' do you mean what an app on your phone says or outside?

Besides checking if it's actually raining outside, 9/10 times the app isn't accurate,I get up get dressed and go out ... once you're dressed and outside you might as well go!

4 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

When you say 'look at the weather' do you mean what an app on your phone says or outside?

Besides checking if it's actually raining outside, 9/10 times the app isn't accurate,I get up get dressed and go out ... once you're dressed and outside you might as well go!

If I believed the app then I’d be out there riding. 
I look outside, around the neighborhood are some very tall palm trees, they are a good indication on the level of wind. 

the reality is it’s an easy excuse, like you say, once you’re out there you may as well just ride. 

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

actually the plan IS to move down there

WITH the prevailing wind if you stay towards Milnerton ..... just saying .... :whistling:

33 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

WORST is when you get stuck in traffic in the car .... just because of the weather app .... AND the weather is actually fine .....

and the few times that I got a spitting of rain it really was a non issue.  The seriously heavy rain is typically well predicted.

5 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Denial: "Man, riding is hard today. I must've slept funny, or had too much to drink last night, or something."

Anger: "$&@%*!, @$&%*%ing *@&#*$!"

Bargaining: "Come on, just let me make it back home. I won't even ride tomorrow, just let me get there today."

Depression: "I hate the weather. I hate weathermen. I hate the sky. Curse this cruel, uninhabitable world."

Acceptance: "Ugh, headwinds. At least I won't have to do intervals this week."

20210812_084547.jpg

I had the opposite feeling yesterday. The further I rode the better I felt. Got back home and thought to myself, “whatever I’m on, I need to take some more”.

Edit:
then thinking back to Monday’s ride, crosswind going out (south), and the reverse coming back. Wasn’t  actually that bad.

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I had the opposite feeling yesterday. The further I rode the better I felt. Got back home and thought to myself, “whatever I’m on, I need to take some more”.

Edit:
then thinking back to Monday’s ride, crosswind going out (south), and the reverse coming back. Wasn’t  actually that bad.

Yesterday was a weird one ....

Frozen vingers in the morning.

Under dressed for the afternoon chill ... had to get in the shower tp defrost

Rushed to get off Traverse by 5.

Horrid afternoon traffic back home

And still could have kept going for another our if I had the time .....

SUPER RIDE

25 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

‘Do or do not, there is no try.’ - Yoda

CDC396FF-E58D-42A5-8F61-4A31F98A9CA7.jpeg

RESPECT !!!

Was NOT  morning to be outside ....

Magnificent rainbow outside our office window this morning

Even my lunchtime walk was uncomfortably CHILLY .... Wind cutting through multiple layers of clothing.

EDIT - Enjoy your rides for the next two weeks.  Please post LOTS of pics .... second jab tomorrow .... no strenuous excercise .....

Edited by ChrisF

49 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

RESPECT !!!

Was NOT  morning to be outside ....

Magnificent rainbow outside our office window this morning

Even my lunchtime walk was uncomfortably CHILLY .... Wind cutting through multiple layers of clothing.

EDIT - Enjoy your rides for the next two weeks.  Please post LOTS of pics .... second jab tomorrow .... no strenuous excercise .....

I walked out of my garage at 9 with gloves/leg and arm warmers + gillet, thought it was surprisingly warm (in the sun) so took everything off but the arm warmers. Bad idea, 3,5 hours feeling a bit cold. Lesson learned for the next few days ????

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

I walked out of my garage at 9 with gloves/leg and arm warmers + gillet, thought it was surprisingly warm (in the sun) so took everything off but the arm warmers. Bad idea, 3,5 hours feeling a bit cold. Lesson learned for the next few days ????

Commuted without gloves yesterday .... OUCH ....

Summer is NOT here yet ....

15 hours ago, ouzo said:

If I believed the app then I’d be out there riding. 
I look outside, around the neighborhood are some very tall palm trees, they are a good indication on the level of wind. 

the reality is it’s an easy excuse, like you say, once you’re out there you may as well just ride. 

I made same excuse Tuesday & Wednesday and nearly did again yesterday. So neg with myself ( as haven’t ridden mtb much at all in the last year maybe thrice ) and went to Rietvlei and stayed mostly out the wind.

There no such thing as a bad ride,only regret when you don’t.

Had a blast and nice to see some good changes at RV. 

So glad I went .Think I ‘ll go again today????????????

779AD911-B414-414C-B269-7A0958A68C99.jpeg

Edited by Pikey