• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

When you go out riding with a gravel biker on the road ... uncouth I tell you!

Always a cracker riding with @Pikey 

20211003_081043.jpg

3 digit rides make my bike tired ????

33 minutes ago, capediver said:

If you didn't see it....

Being a Saffa, I thought it was just another plastic shopping bag blowing in the wind......sorry Bob. ????

4 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

When you're 15km from home on your ride, and you stop at a robot, look down to get a bottle... and see this ????

IMG_20211003_140112.jpg

500ml bottled water fits LOOSE in those cages, but it does not fall out ....

Jaaaaa, also got that T.shirt .... I was halfway up Swartbergpass .... thankfully I had 2 off 500ml bottles in the backpack.

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

500ml bottled water fits LOOSE in those cages, but it does not fall out ....

Jaaaaa, also got that T.shirt .... I was halfway up Swartbergpass .... thankfully I had 2 off 500ml bottles in the backpack.

In case it wasn't clear, the bottles were safe and sound in the fridge where I left them ????

8 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

When you're 15km from home on your ride, and you stop at a robot, look down to get a bottle... and see this ????

IMG_20211003_140112.jpg

That bottle must have jumped out in pure shame being fitted to either a white or red water bottle holder on a black frame .... get black cages and life will treat you better.

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

That bottle must have jumped out in pure shame being fitted to either a white or red water bottle holder on a black frame .... get black cages and life will treat you better.

6356B9CE-6C2F-44FA-9B3B-44793CEA6213.gif.74fba15ef3eef4eef161fc5bdb0da04f.gif

21 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

In case it wasn't clear, the bottles were safe and sound in the fridge where I left them ????

Hiehie ... exactly what happened with my trip at Swartberg pass ....

Thankfully I had the 500ml bottles to top up my water along the ride.

Hopefully you had a shop along your ride where you could buy some water

51 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Yes, yes, it's on the list of things to replace ????. Just needed holders for ctct and that was what the LBS had. 

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

IMG_20211003_140112.jpg

I did the same this morning. 
thought I’d stop and get a bottled water and then also discovered I did not have a mask. So I rode on anyway. Wasn’t the worst thing, luckily was not a hot morning. 

16 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I did the same this morning. 
thought I’d stop and get a bottled water and then also discovered I did not have a mask. So I rode on anyway. Wasn’t the worst thing, luckily was not a hot morning. 

i haven't ridden with a mask since hard lockdown last year to be honest. but i would if i knew i was going to stop somewhere. I also don't ride with water for anything under 50km.

But also ...WC premier was on the Radio this morning saying that 41% of the WC has been vaccinated at least once...the highest in the country.

Edited by MORNE