Tour of South Africa Shocking

W1Z@RD

so CSA has managed to get Team Europcar (entire team), Tyler Day (top south african rider) and a team borgus rider thrown off the plane, due to a ticketing mess up.. and then they say its not their problem and abandon the guys at Airport? The CellC Tour of South Africa is an embarassment to cycling in South Africa!! :thumbdown:

Edited by ErikV

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In see you still havn't learnt to spell - i try so hard OLD MAN!!!! - i think i should simply give up on you - I hope your road building skills are better than your spelling.

I see your kempekkers must still be broken as you ride in the team car now????? Watch out for the potholes as you may lose your false teef...... also remember the caps key when you type the "i"'s..... moet swaar wees om 'n kempekker te wees.

so CSA has managed to get Team Europcar (entire team), Tyler Day (top south african rider) and a team borgus rider thrown off the plane, due to a ticketing mess up.. and then they say its not there problem and abandon the guys at Airport? The CellC Tour of South Africa is an embaresment to cycling in South Africa!! :thumbdown:

It's not only Team Europcar that has riders not booked..

Jmaccelari, how come most of your mates and team mates were there trying to make this such a great success, supporting CSA wih marshalling etc .Where were you?

I am not involved with CSA at all, however I am an EX chairman of a cycling club, yet in my "retirement", I am still actively informing and promoting cycling within the community. if you watch the broadcast, check the amount of cars trying to force themselves into the intersections after Metro Police have secure the intersection and handed it over to Think Bike.

If CSA heads need to roll, who of us will step up to the base? CGC are looking for nominations for their new committee, do you think any one of you have the balls to put up your hands?

so CSA has managed to get Team Europcar (entire team), Tyler Day (top south african rider) and a team borgus rider thrown off the plane, due to a ticketing mess up.. and then they say its not their problem and abandon the guys at Airport? The CellC Tour of South Africa is an embarassment to cycling in South Africa!! :thumbdown:

This is an absolute mess! No attention to the basics

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Jmaccelari, how come most of your mates and team mates were there trying to make this such a great success, supporting CSA wih marshalling etc .Where were you?

I am not involved with CSA at all, however I am an EX chairman of a cycling club, yet in my "retirement", I am still actively informing and promoting cycling within the community. if you watch the broadcast, check the amount of cars trying to force themselves into the intersections after Metro Police have secure the intersection and handed it over to Think Bike.

If CSA heads need to roll, who of us will step up to the base? CGC are looking for nominations for their new committee, do you think any one of you have the balls to put up your hands?

Koei, jy klink meer soos 'n bul. As jy dink jy het die ballas gaan klim weer in, miskien kry jy die keer jou swembad.

Guest agteros

http://www.facebook.com/notes/cycling-sa/official-statement-regarding-the-suspension-of-stage-2-of-the-cell-c-tour-of-sou/193903383964910

Official Statement regarding the suspension of Stage 2 of The Cell C Tour of South Africa

by Cycling SA on Sunday, 20 February 2011 at 20:34The suspension of the second stage of The Cell C Tour of SA has been a disappointment to the organisers, sponsors, participating teams and of course the public. The organising committee took full responsibility for the unfortunate incidents leading to the suspension of racing today and apologised at a media conference in Sandton this afternoon for what had happened.

<snip>

The next time I see Mr. Greg Till in the street I'm going to tell him to his face that he's an absolute joke and if he had any self respect at all he should resign.

Absolutely pathetic, no doubt we'll soon be "treated" to him dancing around this issue making excuses on Supercycling...

I refuse to pay any license fees to these clowns....They don't represent me.

Edited by Eraser

Koei, jy klink meer soos 'n bul. As jy dink jy het die ballas gaan klim weer in, miskien kry jy die keer jou swembad.

Do you speak Brits? Tour of SA is an international event, only one team manager does not speak Brits! The rest speak Brits!

I disagree.

SA Mtb stage races will come out tops relation to organisation in particular. All involve (community, cops, land owners, motorists) get behind these events. These events involve serious negotiation and management skills - all of which CSA lacks.

Relating to lala land, I lived their for awhile, also a few other places, I have yet to find the perfect place.

You can’t compare organization of a WC or CE type mtb event to a major road race, none of them require significant (if any) road closer and the cooperation of traffic officials and road users. SA has proven it can organize major events (SWC, CWC, RWC, MTB WC etc…) but none of these compare to a road race and moving road closures. We all know what the metro cops and JNB drivers are like and maybe CSA bit of more than they could chew or maybe they stuffed up but I’m willing to bet that the lackadaisical attitude of the traffic control people had a major roll to play in todays debacle.

You lived in lala land? Where is it cause I'm looking....

Gentlemen, and others. Keep the insults and personal stuff in check ..... this is a hot topic and you dont want it closed.

Eish, and you need a pill, a CHILL pill. Everyone in this country and the Hub has a right to an opinion. Not so? Or is yours the only one that counts?

Nice to see the chief pie taster ...

well tomorrow's a rest day, I sincerely hope CSA have learnt something from today and at least try to gain a little self respect by ensuring they cover all their bases for the remainder of the tour... good luck to them, truly hope it works out (resignations still expected though!).