Tour of South Africa Shocking

W1Z@RD

GoG, i'm blaming both... the lack of communication would've reduced the problems, but not eliminated them. jhb does have the most aggressive folk and marshalling in jhb or jhb north to north-west is a horrid job due to the abusive and bad attitude of the other road useres - their church service/lunch/golf game are always worth driving over cyclists/runners/bikers, and they are more than happy to say so

Sure, I hear you, but I think its a small percentage of people which you will find in any big cosmopolitan city. I have also marshalled, its not new to me either, but most folk are pleasant and understand, they just want to get on with their day.

Slowpoke, you cant box people, of course their golf game, getting to church etc is important to them, the same as marshalling work is important to you and a cycle race is important to someone else, but we have to live together, and if you want each of us to give each a bit of our time then inform us and bring us on board. I guarantee you, you will be surprised.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'Mon Cycling South Africa - rise from these ashes.

And show South African gees!!

Make this work!!! :clap:

This is one of the dumbest posts I have read on the Hub - and that says a lot.

If the Clubs had have been asked for volunteers, what could they have done to prevent the cock up in organisation? Would you have liked us to lie in front of the taxis? Take our pumps and beat on the naughty motorists' windows? 2000 volunteers would have helped jack ****...

Secondly, the Clubs were asked to help: by advertising the route to their members and getting them to support on the road. I was there. I bet IanJ and his tCS crew were camping outside Monte from last night. Other clubs were there, too I have read. Ali Mclean sent emails SMSes and tweets to the point of distraction to the 4000+ Cycle Lab members - I bet a lot were on the road waiting.

I was.

The only problem was I didn't see a single ****ing cyclist due to CSA's stuff up. I'm p.o.d.

Where were you, with your high and mighty morals? At home I frikkin' bet...

By the amount of posts under your name you obv spend too much time on the HUB (and that also says a lot!!!) - And no!!!! i was not there - but i'm not one of the dumbass hubbers who were giving all their professional (sic) opinions on todays events, and demanding resignations and answers - WTF!!!! CSA certainly doesn't answer to the HUB.

Your FRIKKIN' bet was also off the mark i was actually driving the safety back-up vehicle on our club ride keeping 65 cyclists safe an organised

For your p.o.d. i can refer you to a good therapist - or maybe give it a few days and it will pass.

All pics from the Tour Of S A website - stunning!

http://www.tourofsa.co.za/gallery-files/15.jpg

Ignore him he uses kempekkernoglia!!!!!!!

In see you still havn't learnt to spell - i try so hard OLD MAN!!!! - i think i should simply give up on you - I hope your road building skills are better than your spelling.

It doesn't end on the road either... just just in...

@LangeMalcolm: Csa bad planning again! Flights absolute mess! no representative here to help!! Thanks! french riders got off the plane!

Europcar Team could go home by the sounds of that disembarkment... :huh:

My 2 cents:

Has a rolling road closure ever been done before in JHB on that route ?

In my mind a practice run should have been attempted first to identify any potential problems.

If it proved to be too troublesome, then the route should have been changed.

We all know how well respected our road rules are by followed by law abiding citizens.

Ja, Winnie and the blue light brigade.

someone, somewhere has it in there head that we must take cycling to the people. 2 events , 2 mishaps. i trust and hope the balance of the tour finishes uneventfully.

and if it does - come and ride in our criterium. full road closure guaranteed.

Sure, I hear you, but I think its a small percentage of people which you will find in any big cosmopolitan city. I have also marshalled, its not new to me either, but most folk are pleasant and understand, they just want to get on with their day.

Slowpoke, you cant box people, of course their golf game, getting to church etc is important to them, the same as marshalling work is important to you and a cycle race is important to someone else, but we have to live together, and if you want each of us to give each a bit of our time then inform us and bring us on board. I guarantee you, you will be surprised.

Agreed. One in 10 people might be the asshole on the road. Unfortunately the relaxed drivers are always at the back of the queue.

someone, somewhere has it in there head that we must take cycling to the people. 2 events , 2 mishaps. i trust and hope the balance of the tour finishes uneventfully.

and if it does - come and ride in our criterium. full road closure guaranteed.

It's going to get guys hurt badly.

Edited by gummibear

By the amount of posts under your name you obv spend too much time on the HUB (and that also says a lot!!!) - And no!!!! i was not there - but i'm not one of the dumbass hubbers who were giving all their professional (sic) opinions on todays events, and demanding resignations and answers - WTF!!!! CSA certainly doesn't answer to the HUB.

Your FRIKKIN' bet was also off the mark i was actually driving the safety back-up vehicle on our club ride keeping 65 cyclists safe an organised

For your p.o.d. i can refer you to a good therapist - or maybe give it a few days and it will pass.

Eish, and you need a pill, a CHILL pill. Everyone in this country and the Hub has a right to an opinion. Not so? Or is yours the only one that counts?