Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The repairs and changes to My Roots are holding up really well. Well done guys and thanks for all the help. Small divert at the bottom should leave smiles on a few more faces. Yesterday was a success, ramsew you played a big part!

Rode it this afternoon, got a bit of a fright as I wasn't expecting it!!! Great improvement - thanks.

Have you already ridden it!? You little scallywag! Hoping to ride it this afternoon.

I rode it today - very Shweet - oh yeah and so was the PYGA. - BTW Keep 7th October free (all day) I need about 4 riders to participate in the race I was telling you about. We mapped it yesterday 42k about 3-3:30hrs.

Yeha, agreed all. Rode it a couple of times this pm. The changes are fantastic, even if I do say so myself! You have to carry a lot of speed into that first jump though - it's a speed sapper! Easily easily rollable though. D

amn, it's good to have a good ride on that trail again.

Guest Omega Man

Yeah I rode it. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. We need to find a way to carry speed through that left hander a little better. Or maybe I should pedal a bit more.

The first jump (new one) after the fallen tree and root needs to move closer to the new (old line) berm.. the best way to keep enough momentum would be to clear the root but I think for many people that is going to be a tall order for now.

So instead of that jump killing speed, move it further and give more time to pedal out.. The jump into the berm will be nice.

I rode it today - very Shweet - oh yeah and so was the PYGA. - BTW Keep 7th October free (all day) I need about 4 riders to participate in the race I was telling you about. We mapped it yesterday 42k about 3-3:30hrs.

Ah, that was you! CAn't miss the Pyga, I was standing with a spade on the side as you cruised passed.

@Cap, I walked up to get the spade left behind on Saturday, no sneaky moves here..

Rode it this afternoon, got a bit of a fright as I wasn't expecting it!!! Great improvement - thanks.

On behalf of all the guys, you are most welcome.

Ha ha, I know the feeling bracing for something and finding it was easier than expected.. surprise!

Guest Omega Man

NOTICE TO ALL WHO RIDE TOKAI

Hey all.

We are having a Super Duper Mega Monster Build Day on Sunday.

Deon has organized 3 truckloads or laterite to be dropped at the trail heads and we've got 5 workers lined up to do the donkey work of getting the laterite into the trails. We've also sourced a piece of Northshore for a particularly horrible bit of trail that never seems to dry out.

We're hoping to work on Vasbyt, The Snake trails and bits of the DH trail.

We need you. Yes YOU! to come help build on sunday from 10am to 4pm. We are hoping for loads of people to show up and help out. We'll be splitting up into teams of 5 so that we can focus on specific areas. We've got a case of beers and a case of cooldrinks (paid for by mountain bikers) as refreshments. This might well be our last oportunity to do any meaningful work before Tokai turns into a summer dust bowl so please try to attend.

The trails at Tokai are maintained by volunteers. Mountain bikers just like you. They use their own vehicles, spades, picks, wheelbarrows, generators, chainsaws, axes and muscles to maintain your trails. They have families, jobs, wives, kids, deadlines, time constraints, gardens at home to attend to. All of the things you have lined up in your head as an excuse not to attend. But I'm asking YOU very nicely to come put a bit of effort in to the trails that give you so much pleasure.

Please bring the following items.

Wheelbarrow. We only have 2 so if you have one please bring it.

Yourself

A mate

Gloves

Water

Some food (We're hoping to have sandwiches made)

A garden implement (don't bring too many tools cos it becomes a nightmare to account for all of them. They are also hazardous to passing riders if left in the trail)

We are gonna meet at the gate where you sign in at 10am so come along. We're hoping to do lots of work and make loads of new friends on Sunday.

Sunday. 9 September 10am - 4pm

Oh one last thing. Don't complain about the state of the trails if you don't attend.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Another thing. Please indicated whether you will be attending so we can get a rough guestimate on numbers.

I'm there

Sun

http://www.weathersa.co.za/img/pics/Nobg/i-coldwet.png

59/5/0%

8° Min / 14°C Max

Edited by The Crow

Guest Omega Man

I'm there

Sun

http://www.weathersa.co.za/img/pics/Nobg/i-coldwet.png

59/5/0%

8° Min / 14°C Max

Sweet. Bru I need a truck like yours. Don't call it a bakkie. That's an insult.

:thumbup:

Will bring a wheelbarrow along with the other usual stuff. And my bike! Gots to ride the trails...

Same here. I'm going for a long ride on saturday. WIll session the trails and see what's happening.