divernick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys running Niner forks.

How did you go about the front brake line routing?

If I look at pics of the fork on the bikes on the Niner site, it seems if they bring it up the back of the left fork leg ( in the clips provided) and then pass through the fork legs to the front and then up to the brake lever.

Is this what most do or is there a better alternative? 

Thanks. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Guys running Niner forks.

How did you go about the front brake line routing?

If I look at pics of the fork on the bikes on the Niner site, it seems if they bring it up the back of the left fork leg ( in the clips provided) and then pass through the fork legs to the front and then up to the brake lever.

Is this what most do or is there a better alternative? 

Thanks. 

I've run mine slightly differently.

It runs up the left of the fork and then across to the right behind the fork crown, around the lower BB cup and up to the brake lever... For some reason it's the perfect length and doesn't touch the frame or BB cups. Just works.

Done in time for the long weekend. 

Was suppose to be a budget  build, but  me and the wife's idea of budget was a bit different. :whistling:  

The allure of some Easton and Niner carbon and Thomson bits was just to much. :devil:

Then I also got bliksemed by  the Wide Lightning talk and had to have some. :blush:

The Mariachi.          On the Couch . . .  .(wife was sleeping already)

(10.2kg)

post-59281-0-35076300-1432296336_thumb.jpg

post-59281-0-38985300-1432296388_thumb.jpg

post-59281-0-91511100-1432296405_thumb.jpg

Edited by IH8MUD

Thanks for all the advice and help from all you Hubbers.  :thumbup:

It was much appreciated. 

Was suppose to be a budget  build, but  me and the wife's idea of budget was a bit different. :whistling:  

The allure of some Easton and Niner carbon and Thomson bits was just to much. :devil:

Then I also got biksemed by  the Wide Lightning talk and had to have some. :blush:

Very nice! Enjoy!

Was suppose to be a budget build, but me and the wife's idea of budget was a bit different. :whistling:

The allure of some Easton and Niner carbon and Thomson bits was just to much. [emoji317]

Then I also got biksemed by the Wide Lightning talk and had to have some. :blush:

The Mariachi. On the Couch . . . .(wife was sleeping already)

That is very nice! Great build!

Great looking bike IH8MUD! I think (IMHO) my bike is problably the best looking of all the bikes on here but yours sure rivals mine!

Great looking bike IH8MUD! I think (IMHO) my bike is problably the best looking of all the bikes on here but yours sure rivals mine!

Fighting talk that...

Then I also got biksemed by  the Wide Lightning talk and had to have some. :blush:

(10.2kg)

Great build. Many happy kms.

Was suppose to be a budget build, but me and the wife's idea of budget was a bit different. :whistling:

Then I also got bliksemed by the Wide Lightning talk and had to have some. :blush:

The Mariachi. On the Couch . . . .(wife was sleeping already)

(10.2kg)

Looks great well done and enjoy ????????