Single speed projects

divernick

So I decided to stop thinking and walked to me LBS and bought a Momsen STR29.

My wife said it is a good looking frame :) post-26888-0-26597500-1381324564_thumb.jpg

So here is the deal. I have dibs on the nice components in the classifieds.

Cool frame looks good.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying a half link on my new build. Ready to ride now so I'll take a spin out to Rietvlei Zoo farm with it tomorrow ....

post-271-0-33693400-1381338784_thumb.jpg

I think the stickers need to come off those rims so the Cannondale doesn't have obvious Giant parts on it.

They are not paragon sliders, but the cheaper version.... work the same... just perfectly - although running a 2.3 rear tire on the STR29 means not using them with as short a chain as possible.

Anybody have a good source for wide footprint SS cogs that are not insanely expensive or made of lead?

PMd

If I'm running a halflink chain do I still need a tensioner?

Definitely.

It may work for a while but, in my experience, the half-link chains stretch even faster than normal chains. It will be next to no time before your chain is hopping off.

IF only we got these 'Dales here....

http://media.cannondale.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/_/c_13_3FS293R_blu_5.png

Thats rather nice.

IF only we got these 'Dales here....

http://media.cannondale.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/small_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/_/c_13_3FS293R_blu_5.png

Mmmm, WANT!

Other option is what NSBB has just done, comes close to this.

An RD is what the UCI refer to as unecessary extras: other examples are shocks, gopros, ipods etc.

:-)

In other news - looky looky what santa brought last night. Santa and I have a special "in year" relationship.

Tonight I give it life MWAAAAHAHAHAHA. Build it. I mean build it.

post-2412-0-91865300-1381476063_thumb.jpg

An RD is what the UCI refer to as unecessary extras: other examples are shocks, gopros, ipods etc.

:-)

In other news - looky looky what santa brought last night. Santa and I have a special "in year" relationship.

Tonight I give it life MWAAAAHAHAHAHA. Build it. I mean build it.

Is that an air I spy with my little eye?