Single speed projects

divernick

Anybody know of shops in Pretoria/Centurion selling SS parts. I'm looking for an 18t cog by Tuesday, so online shopping won't work and I would prefer not to have to drive through to Joburg.

Find an old cassette and break apart to take the 18t. You can use that in the short term untill you get a SS specific cog.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know of shops in Pretoria/Centurion selling SS parts. I'm looking for an 18t cog by Tuesday, so online shopping won't work and I would prefer not to have to drive through to Joburg.

I bought mine from Solomons on Lynnwood, paid R150 for it. I know Epic sports in Centurion had a few in stock a while ago. And if you're willing to spend some cash go to Hatfield cycles, they stock Surly sprockets, but at R420 its a bit above the average SS riders budget/idea of a budget

Guest notmyname

solomans in Lynnewood have a few 18t'. I'm not a big fan of this chain store but they had what I needed and I was driving past their door.

for 90 bucks rapide.co.za will deliver next day. I was shocked when it arrived and I'm in cape town.

do it. just consider it petrol money

+1 on the Rapide cogs

Wayne is a good guy to deal with

for 90 bucks rapide.co.za will deliver next day. I was shocked when it arrived and I'm in cape town.

do it. just consider it petrol money

Yo Yo ... would you mind if that 26'er till I die sig file is used by others?

The very last thing I need for my first ever build is a spacer kit for my rear sprocket.

Its killing me. I've hunted online and around Cape Town and the best option is a set which costs over R300 locally. Which looks like ****. Its also overpriced considering that rapide's kit is under R100 and not much more for postage. Staring at the bike while I wait for them to get stock is torture.

The very last thing I need for my first ever build is a spacer kit for my rear sprocket.

Its killing me. I've hunted online and around Cape Town and the best option is a set which costs over R300 locally. Which looks like ****. Its also overpriced considering that rapide's kit is under R100 and not much more for postage. Staring at the bike while I wait for them to get stock is torture.

Pop in at your LBS and ask them for all the old cast away cassettes ... break them up and use the black plastic spacers that separated the cogs ... works well!

Pop in at your LBS and ask them for all the old cast away cassettes ... break them up and use the black plastic spacers that separated the cogs ... works well!

Listen to hairy, I have used those on road and MTB SS's with no problem :thumbup:

Listen to hairy, I have used those on road and MTB SS's with no problem :thumbup:

Yeah I'll start with the shop that wants 300 for the kit :ph34r:

If you dont come right you can have my spacer kit mahalla that I used on my ss before I got the Rapide set. Its made up of old casette spacers but works a charm as Hairy suggested. Collect in Bellville if you can on Friday. I wont be available before then though.